5/7/13

still giddy

 
dress: Primark // sunglasses: Nordstrom Rack // shoes: BC Footwear - similar // clutch: collaboration

shirt: Urban Outfitters // shorts: Gap // flip flops: Rainbows

I am so glad that I still get giddy over sunshine pouring through my windows at work, the excuse to wear a sundress with bright yellow shoes and sneaking out for happy hour early.

And I'm grateful that I still get giddy over my husband of nearly four (!!) years. 

There's a little challenge going around-- a blog every day in May activity-- and today's prompt is advice. I am not really an expert in a lot of things but when I think over the last few years, the ups and downs of my life and who I share it with, I want to share this advice for marriage:

No one is perfect for you and you will never be perfect for someone else. No one will be or should be your all, your one answer to life because people fail each other and hurt each other. End of story. But someone can be the one you want to serve and cherish and go to get burgers and beer with because you want to see them happy. Someone can be the one you fight for, even when you don't feel like it. Someone can be the one you still get giddy over.

 

We ate at a hipster-Seattle bar. Can you tell?  

Also, like the clutch? It's my collaboration piece with Yellow Heart Art and it's offered as a pre-sale for $5 less for just a few more days! Snag yours here!
xo, erika

7 comments

  1. eppp LOVE YOUR ADVICE!!!! and I love evan's OOTD ;) but NOT as cute as Ms.Erikas <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. "No one is perfect for you and you will never be perfect for someone else. No one will be or should be your all, your one answer to life because people fail each other and hurt each other. End of story. But someone can be the one you want to serve and cherish and go to get burgers and beer with because you want to see them happy. Someone can be the one you fight for, even when you don't feel like it. Someone can be the one you still get giddy over."

    This exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a sunny day and wearing a fun dress (though not as much while pregnant...dresses are starting to feel like wearing a tent)! Looks like a fun spot for Happy hour :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful outfit! i'm just as giddy about the sunshine
    kw, ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute dress!!! I love it!! Enjoy the sunniness!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that dress! Ya'll look so cute on your little date. Can't wait till SF!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Primark!! I loved that store when I studied abroad in London - SO cheap! Or at least compared to everything else haha. You look darling. Love your advice - it is so true. If we pin all of our happiness and fulfillment on marriage, we are doomed. And Focusing on how we can be serving/loving/encouraging our spouses rather than thinking about our end of the deal all the time is transformative.

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs