5/15/13

a jumpsuit story

 
jumpsuit: anthropologie // belt: target // shoes c/o BC Footwear

I've been wanting a jumpsuit for awhile but haven't really ever voiced it because it's kind of one of those polarizing things. You love them or you hate them and I've loved them ever since I saw Emily what's-her-face rock the most amazing white one on The Bachelorette. It was glamorous, elegant and I knew that it was something I wanted to try to wear some day.

Turns out finding a pantsuit is not the easiest thing-- they don't really carry them everywhere but when I was at Anthropologie for a petites event with Joy from Oh Joy! I saw one hanging on the sales rack.

And I tried it on. And I did the whole instagram should-I-buy-it post. And the sales people said I should buy it. I waffled but then after texting my mom, she said I should buy it and it was on sale...

Then when I went to check out, turns out the price was reduced even more. Then the cashier generously gave me my birthday 15 percent off... so the final tag went from $168 to $89 to $49 to $30-something... and then I dug in my purse to find the gift card I had that just happened to have $7 let on it...

So you do the math. I couldn't say no. ;)

To be honest, I'm still getting used to it. I forced myself to wear it to work and thought that everyone in downtown Seattle was staring at me and my star onesie... but I really try to encourage people to step outside their comfort zone and have fun with their style, so this was me taking my own advice.

Do you ever take risks with what you wear?

xo, erika

16 comments

  1. you totally rock that pantsuit! you look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do rock it! I wish I could wear something like that. Found you via The Pleated Poppy.

    Come link up with me at Watcha Wearing Wednesday
    http://www.themummychronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are gorgeous! The jumpsuit is lovely... love the shoes too, so bright colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought a dress with the lower back cut out and am a little scared to wear it. But Izzy and the sales clerk both said it looked great on me so... I bought it.

    I for one think you look fantastic! And you can't beat that deal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you rock the jumpsuit SOO well!! i don't know if i could pull it off!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha! love the story! i don't think i could ever wear a jumpsuit but more power to ya! you look fab!
    kw ladies in navy
    enter our giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look adorable Erika!! I love the pattern + how you accessorized it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you rock that jumpsuit. it looks great on you. you look so sleek & tall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Next time go to capital hill instead of downtown, you'll be the most normal looking one there for sure! Haha, just kidding, you look adorable! I've been totally wanting a jumpsuit as well, I actually want to try and sew one with a vintage pattern I found but I'm so scared to mess it up.
    xxoo
    Jordyn
    www.thefairyprincessdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, what a deal!! i think it looks great on you! good for you for taking the leap :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erika, you're so damn cute, I'm pretty sure you can rock anything...I, however, could never wear this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the jumpsuit! and god bless the anthropologie sale rack :) by the way - were you at happy hour yesterday in belltown? i think i saw you or your twin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are wearing it well, friend!!!! I work at Anthropologie and have my sights set on this one:http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/search/26578591.jsp?cm_vc=SEARCH_RESULTS

    ReplyDelete
  14. since you posted this on instagram, i was hoping you bought it 'cause you look fabulous in it! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great! I must admit, I mostly play it very safe with my clothes...I guess I would never dare wear a jumpsuit! Maybe one day, I'm still playing with the idea of a maxi dress (that's enough for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes! I bought a pair of camo skimmer pants from the Gap...a bold move for me. Now I try to wear them every chance I get :)

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs