2/5/13

vlog: soft waves hairstyle


You wanted to watch an awkward video of me right? OK, maybe not?
I have gotten a few questions about how I wear my hair in loose waves so I thought I'd put myself out on a limb and do a little vlog (most.awkward.word.ever) to show you how.

If you do not want to sit through the video, my tips below:

- go with dirty hair. If you really can't handle not sudsing your locks for  day, use dry shampoo or mousse to give it more texture.
- tease the hair at your crown to give it a bit of volume.
- spray your hair with hairspray about half way down, let dry and comb through.
- curl, starying about halfway down your hair, 1-inch sections with a 1-inch curling iron. Move slow, rotating your wrist as you move down the strand of hair. Repeat.
- once your hair is all curled, gently shake out the curls, using your fingers to smooth and separate curls. You want a messy, more relaxed look.
- spray liberally with hair spray.

Let me know if you have questions!

xo, erika


1 comment

  1. You.are.adorable:). Glad to see this and remind myself of how to make my hair curly in a non-natural but still pretty way!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs