2/10/13

journaling through lent


Through most of my life I was a devoted journaler. From elementary school worries to junior high and high school drama and well through college.

I'm not sure when I stopped doing it as often. Maybe when I became a real adult. Got a job, got married and got busier.

I know that the moments I spent journaling, processing and writing prayers, I understood more of life and more of what God wanted for me.

It's always tempting for me to treat Lent as a self-help time -- to tackle eating sweets, or too much televison, but Lent is more of a heart thing, or at least it is for me.

Lent literally means to fast, so I've decided to fast from the little things I fill my time with and instead making time to write and process.


Lent means something different to everyone; if you feel called to give up chocolate, then do it. If you feel called to give up tv- then so be it. But this season, I feel called to re-engage something I miss.

xo, erika

1 comment

  1. Love this idea. I too used to journal religiously, particularly in high school and college, but have fallen out of the habit since then as well. And I did feel for in tune with myself and my relationship with God. Hope this going well for you so far!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs