My love is multiplied for funny snail mail cards and I think that Julie hits the nail on the head with her line of cards.
I've bought several of her cards (this one, this one and this one) and everyone I gave them to absolutely loves them. I can not say enough about this girl's creativity. Hallmark, step aside. You're too old school to play.
let's meet Julie. :)
Hi there! My name is Julie. I'm a small business owner who has a weakness for anything turquoise and all puppies ever. I have an Etsy shop filled with cheeky, hand-drawn greeting cards that will make you laugh. I also blog over at Julie Ann Art. My
blog has become my creative outlet, where I can not only document all
of my ideas, inspirations, and handmade projects, but share them with
other crafty nerds like myself!
How did you get started in the handmade world?
In
March 2008, a friend of mine told me about Etsy. It immediately sparked
my interest because I had always enjoying making things, but never
imaged selling them. I started selling on Etsy for fun, with no real
intention of making a living on it. Little did I know, how inspiring it
would be, having fans who enjoy your work and want to see more of it. I
got addicted, caught the Etsy bug, and never looked back.
Well,
I recently took the leap from a stable job to self employment. This was
a huge decision for me and it is definitely too soon to know if it will
work out for the rest of my life. My dream would be to continue
pursuing my own business full-time, while making a comfortable living.
<><><>
I admire Julie on so many levels-- for her shop, her blog and her drive to make her dreams a reality. She is generously giving away $20 credit to her shop. (and I really wish I could win.) The $20 would be perfect for the holidays-- I know she has quite a few holiday cards up her sleeve. :)
xo, erika





I have three favorites from Julie Ann Art and browse her shop from time to time!
ReplyDelete1. Thank You Card. Feathers.
2. I'm Thankful For You. Red, Yellow, Orange Leaves.
3. I Miss You When You're Gone. (This third one is more of a "someday" card for when I'm married. But, I like it very much.)
http://www.etsy.com/listing/76018771/get-well-card-youre-gonna-be-fine-pink
ReplyDelete:)
I like the tis the season with the ugly christmas sweater. Those are all hilarious!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.etsy.com/listing/79444457/hello-greeting-card-yellow-mint-camera
ReplyDeleteLove this one!! God bless! :D
forevergodsprincess.blogspot.com
Hehe, "I'd bone you." Oh man, that's great.
ReplyDeleteHehe, "I'd bone you." Oh man, that's great.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.etsy.com/listing/79444457/hello-greeting-card-yellow-mint-camera
ReplyDeleteI like the feathers thank you car and the love/anninersary card with the tree and hearts on it.
ReplyDeleteI love her cheekiness! One of my faves is the anti-valentines day card "happy single awareness day...have fun watching the notebook with your cat". :P
ReplyDeleteWow those are soo cute.
ReplyDeleteThe Holy Shit You're Getting Married card as always been my favorite!
ReplyDeletei seriusly love them all.. but especially the "holy shit you're getting married" haha
ReplyDeleteI love them ALL! Especially "holy shit you're getting married!" so cute.
ReplyDeleteI got Izzy a "You're my favorite boyfriend" card last V-Day and he LOVED it. Her stuff is so cute.
ReplyDeleteI love how unique each card is! And not all fluffy bunnies all the time. It's the type of humorous things my husband and i say to each other. I like the - "I love you a sh1t ton" hah!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the fall leaves one...makes me love my favorite season all the more!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.etsy.com/listing/98702209/thinking-of-you-card-in-a-non-creepy-way
ReplyDeleteThis is so silly!!
These cards are so cute! Such a good idea; especially since I do have a few Thank You's to write.. these would be perfect!
ReplyDeleteOops and forgot to mention that I'd use the Thank You feathers cards!
ReplyDeleteI love this one: http://www.etsy.com/listing/106616978/21st-birthday-card-well-now-its-legal
ReplyDeleteAs Halloween is apporaching I really love the "I'd Bone You" card! All cards are beautiful anyways<3 I love "I Miss You When You're Gone" too! :)
ReplyDeleteI think I'm in love with Julie Ann now!! My favorite card is the ugly Christmas sweater :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.etsy.com/listing/76198992/anniversary-card-i-love-you-card-home-is
ReplyDeletecute!
Thanksgiving card is what I'd choose.
ReplyDelete"you really are my favorite" is my favorite. :)
ReplyDeleteI love them all! They're all so awesome!
ReplyDeleteI love this one http://www.etsy.com/listing/59452087/i-miss-you-card-did-you-know-i-miss-you
And this one :)
http://www.etsy.com/listing/80231440/christmas-card-holiday-card-christmas
http://www.etsy.com/listing/89152195/i-love-you-card-girl-robot-love-red
ReplyDeleteI love Julie Ann's cards! I bought some recently (my favorite is the one that says "You really are my favorite" with the little birds and the Hello card with the camera). It took a long time to decide which cards to get. I would LOVE to get some of her great Christmas cards.
ReplyDeleteI like the "Lil' Sister" birthday card - my sister's birthday is coming up, so it'd be perfect!
ReplyDeleteRobot Boy Love
ReplyDeletemy best friend's birthday is coming up next month, and I keep browsing Julie's cards for something funny and appropriate. my current favorite is this one: http://www.etsy.com/listing/72124896/birthday-card-so-frickin-happy-you-were
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the "I'm thinking of you in a non-creepy way" card!
ReplyDeleteThis one makes me giggle :D http://www.etsy.com/listing/94135682/funny-birthday-card-dont-hate-me-because
ReplyDeleteoh my i just love all of her cards, but my fave one is http://www.etsy.com/listing/89152195/i-love-you-card-girl-robot-love-red
ReplyDeleteI'd Bone You is my fave!!
ReplyDeleteI love the "All I Want For Christmas" card!
ReplyDeleteHoly moly, the "I Miss You" card (http://www.etsy.com/listing/73493416/i-miss-you-card-i-miss-you-when-youre) is definitely my favorite. So simple and endearing. Thank you for sharing this giveaway with us!
ReplyDeletelove julie! i am in need of some of her new holiday cards :)
ReplyDelete