Banana bread with nutella swirled in it.
I already love bananas with nutella, so combining them into a bread (well, it's almost like a cake, let's be honest here) seems like a no brainer.
nutella banana bread (recipe adapted from here)
2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
3 mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup melted nutella (melt it in a bowl in teh microwave for about 30 seconds so its softened.)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray loaf pan with cooking spray and dust with flour
- in a medium bowl, mix flour baking soda and salt
- in a large bowl, mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy with electric beater
- add milk, eggs and banana. Mix well.
- add flour slowly, mixing slowly until the mixture is just blended. (do not overmix.)
- spoon a few spoonfuls of batter into the pan
- using a spatula, swirl some nutella into the batter
- pour more batter into the pan, and swirl some more nutella into the batter. alternate until the batter and nutella are gone.
- bake for 50 to 60 minutes. a knife should come out clean when stuck in the top of the bread. Cool the bread in the pan for a 5 minutes, and then remove the bread from the pan and continue to cool it on a wire rack.
p.s.you could probably make the recipe healthier by swapping out applesauce for the butter but if you're already swirling nutella into the bread, I thought why bother with all that stuff. ;)