My mom first let me wear it in 7th grade after months of begging.
And I wore that blue glittery eyeshadow with pride.
Luckily, I've come along way since then in figuring out what works.
(Blue eyeshadow, not so much.)
Here's a few of my daily favorites:
1. Garnier BB Cream: I just started wearing bb cream this summer. Super sheer and feel-good coverage. I love love love it. ($12 at drugstores)
2. elf golden bronzer: I always love a little bronze-y color on my cheeks. This has a highligter shade included. ($4- 6 Target)
3. One by One Covergirl mascara: this girl has light, wimpy little lashes so I'm all about the big stuff. This and LashBlast by Maybelline is are my favs. ($8-10 drugstores.)
4. Revlon Colorstay liquid eye pen: This is like a felt pen for your eyes. Super easy to apply and I love the deep black color. I usually wear black eyeliner just on my top lids in a slightly cat-eye shape. ($8-10 drugstores.)
5. Blush/Bronzer brush: I've only recently gotten into brushes. Turns out having the right tools makes even your drugstore makeup go on better.
6. Concealer brush: I just bought this concealer brush and I don't know what took me so long. it's awesome for getting exact coverage.
7. eye shadow brush: again, using a good brush, this one is Sonia Kashuk, makes everything better.
8. Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes: this is my one splurge but I've bought it several years in a row. The colors are neutral-- not too shimmery, not too dark and it comes with a concealer that works great for undereye shadows. Also, it lasts forever. ($32 and worth every penny department stores, Sephora.)
9. Sonia Kashuk beautifying blush in sunset: As a redhead, I look better in peachy-orangey shades. This one is particularly nice. ($12 Target)
10. Sonia Kashuk all covered up concealer in porcelain: a wonderful thing for covering zits (yes I still get 'em all the time, what's up with that) and you apply with a concealer brush or fingertip. ($10-12 Target)
What are your favorite makeup items? Do you shop drugstore or department store?