And I love soup. Always always have. Easy to cook and relatively affordable.
Expect a lot of soup recipes 'round here in the next few months.
This one is husband-approved and healthy. Double-win.
Roasted Sweet Potato Soup with Quinoa (altered from recipe found here)
2 medium sweet potatoes
1/2 white onion, diced
2 carrots, sliced
2 teaspoons cumin
2 stalks of celery, sliced
1 large garlic clove, diced
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 cup cooked quinoa
3 cups chicken or veggie broth
1/4 cup water
optional: 2 teaspoons tapatio sauce
optional: 4 strips of bacon, crumbled
1. Peel and dice your sweet potatoes and place them and the carrots on a cooking sheet. Drizzle with 1 table spoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Set aside.
2. Heat remaining olive oil in large pot on medium high. Add sliced onion and cook until translucent.
3. Add diced garlic, cumin and celery. Stir while cooking for 1 minute.
4. Add roasted carrots and potatoes. Cook for 4 minutes.
5. Add broth and water. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat and cook on medium low until carrots and potatoes are tender.
6. Using an immersion blender or in batches using a blender, puree the soup. The husband doesn't like perfectly smooth soups, so I usually leave a few chunks. Feel free to do the same.
7. Stir in quinoa and tapatio sauce.
8. Top with crumbled bacon.
Serve with parmesan cheese toast. Delish.