10/19/12

friday finds + favorites: spinny dresses and fall


 my favorites this week.

- I bought the dress above at Target on a whim. It was only $11 and I couldn't pass it up. Plus, it came with the pink belt. So like two purchases in one?

- I've been on a cooking and baking kick. Pumpkin bread, soups, and next week I promise a recipe for pumpkin cookies. And speaking of soup, I need to make all three of these soup recipes.


- I'm obsessing over polka dots, hence my latest item in the shop, the polka dotted clutch!

-  do you need a giggle? this lamb video is the cutest thing ever. I need a pet lamb.

- have you seen gina's new great gatsby line of accessories? i love the photo shoot she did.

- Jen has this closet challenge where you wear everything in your closet... I love this idea. The only thing is, now that it's getting cold, I'll have to be really creative about wearing my summer stuff.

- I'm reading the book Cold Tangerines and it's so beautiful and has just challenged me to really focus on the little moments that make up each day. Life isn't just about the big things, the huge experiences, but the tiny things like hot coffee, texts from friends, crunching leaves and new pairs of socks. I'm hoping you, too, can find joy in these little moments.


you know what I also love this week?

It's FRIDAY. And you know how I feel about that.

also, bringing back the link-up party (because I'm crazy like that.) Share your favorites from the week-- either online or off-- the linkup will go on here and on Beth's blog Dot in the City. Please link up to your post, not your entire blog, and be sure to link back to either of us somewhere in your post. Thanks!

Rouge & Whimsy



xo, erika



7 comments

  1. The Gatsby collection is TO DIE FOR. Love those delicate details. And I loooooove little Bee! She's so cute when she clomps. Thanks for the early Friday pick-me-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I love your twirly dress + the amazing deal you got for it!! I love Targets sale's racks!!
    2. Your polka dot clutches are darling!
    3. I adore that Great Gatsby line!! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a cute spinner! :) have a great weekend!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok your polka dot clutch is just the cutest!! with my obsession i needto put it on my christmas list or just get it for myself before then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out! I want you to join me in the challenge. I might do a link-up!

    Also, I am obsessed with baking right now too. Every Sunday afternoon I'm like "how many things can I bake with pumpkin in them RIGHT NOW?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled upon your blog via Facebook via Julie Ann Art and the giveaway. Your blog is very cute and creativity abounds, and your pups are adorable! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute blog! you look totally adorable in that target dress!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs