10/10/12

internet friends

me, tammy, julie.
me: denim top, dotted skirt: thrifted // cardigan: target // necklace: borrowed // tote: rouge + whimsy

When I was in college,  I remember having a class discussion about the internet and specifically internet relationships.

One guy shared that his he met his wife in a chat room and after they met in real life they started dating...

And I remember arching an eyebrow and thinking to myself, "how weird."

But life is funny because, here I am years later, meeting people online and calling them friends. And I know that they are friends because one of them drove an hour and half in Southern California traffic to meet me and another blogger for breakfast.

(thanks Julie.)

Turns out people who make writing on the internet a priority and are notorious for documenting everything with photos have a few things in common.

Tammy of Lemons, Avocados and the Bay and Julie of Julie Ann Art-- I'm glad I got to eat so much food with you.



And to anyone else who happens to find themselves in the San Diego area, I highly recommend heading to Big Kitchen Cafe in South Park for brunch. Not only do you order delicious food, but they also bring out coffee cake, just because, adorned with a big ol' chunk of butter just happily melting on top.

xo, erika

p.s. linking up to pleated poppy





7 comments

  1. so jealous you ladies got to meet! how fun!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, just fabulous ;)

    Now excuse me while I steal your photos and blog about our adventure in the near future hehe.

    xoxo. I had SO much fun with you girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Izzy and I met online, yay!

    I guess I never really found it strange to meet people online... my first online friend was someone I met back in 7th grade when we were both in an AOL chatroom. We still have never met yet we know so much about each other. It's pretty wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun that you got to meet each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I used to hear of people marrying people they met online, I felt it was a little weird too. Meeting people online was not weird though to me, it was dating them. Two of my best friends I met on the internet about ten years ago. We (my husband and I) used to go to shows to see bands and there was a forum of all the kids who went to see the shows who talked to one another about everything and we all met up regularly and it was a huge community but was pretty fun for a while, though we lost touch with all but one girl from that entire time (also ten years ago). But then my brother met his wife on the internet. . .and then a few friends of mine met their husband on the internet. Two married couples from my church met on the internet too. It is interesting how these things happen!!
    Hope you had fun with your internet friends.
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a treat! I'm so glad you got to catch up with them :) and all that food looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLLA!!! Had so much fun seeing you again! Hopefully we can do it again soon. :] xo JA

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs