9/25/12

dots on dots and stripes on gingham

me: top: Old Navy // skirt, bracelet: thrifted // boots: ebay 
husband: polo and shorts: Gap // flip flops: Rainbows

Sometimes shopping your closet and putting together a new look is the best challenge.

I've had it in my head that I should mix polka dots and date night with the husband seemed like the perfect time to try it. You may not agree with me, but I think the contrast worked.

I asked the husband but he just told he his usual line: "You know what's fashionable, honey."

Can we also quickly discuss the husband's fashion forward outfit? I'm actually pretty proud of him for picking out by himself-- stripes and gingham. Lookin' good.

xo, erika

p.s. I also have to just thank the husband for putting up with me the past week. If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I've been pretty sick with strep throat and the husband has been really patient taking care of me. And I know that I'm not super fun to take care of when I'm sick.

p.p.s. mom & dad, you guys have been pretty great, too. :)

10 comments

  1. Cute outfit! I'd love to know where exactly on ebay did you find those boots. I love how it's boot wearing season again. Get's me all kinds of giddy! Your hubby looks nice too :)

    xo, Adriana.
    http://horsesofares.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cutee!!!! me wanna the boots!!! XDD
    and yeah! the husband again!! :DDD

    xoxo
    Chelle
    http://chellesroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are so cute! I love your polka dotted look, well done! and I love it when you include the husband and N!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cute! Some of my favorite outfits came from looking in my closet and just bravely trying pieces together that I'd never thought could work.

    (Btw - it was great to "meet" you last night on the video chat! Looking forward to getting to know you more.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. super super cute! <3

    www.thebluecurtain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Husbands are great. I hope you are feeling much better! You look lovely!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh no!!I am so sorry to hear that you've been sick!! I hope that you get better soon friend!!
    Oh and you + your husband are such a fashionable couple!! I love these His + Hers outfit posts!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two look great (and so does your pup)! I love the dots on dots look!

    -Megan
    meganesass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs