6/25/13

make: boubon-baked peaches



What's the best purpose of hard liquor? In my opinion, it's best used in dessert.


Whether it's lighting on fire for a flambe or using it make a fluffy-light pie crust, or dousing fresh peaches in it, liquor is best baked.


My case in point: these bourbon-baked peaches. It's like a boozy peach cobbler without the crust. Obviously delish.

Bourbon-baked peaches (recipe adapted from here)
2 ripe peaches, halfed and pitted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 sea salt
3 tbs bourbon
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
parchment paper or foil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Whisk together sugar, salt, bourbon and vanilla until well blended.

Place peaches cut side down on a parchment sheet on a baking sheet (preferrably one with a rim)

Pour half of sugar-bourbon mixture over peaches.

Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and turn over. Pour remaining sugar-bourbon over peaches and bake for an additional 10 minutes.

Slice if desired and serve hot over vanilla ice cream or with fresh whipped cream or anything else your heart desires!

Please note that it can take up to two hours for alcohol content to completely bake out of a dish, so these peaches will have a slight kick to them. See this chart for additional information.

xo, erika










5 comments

  1. Oh yum! I love peaches and this looks scrumptious! I wonder how this recipe would go over on the grill. I've seen a few grilled peaches recipes lately in my hoarders pile of cooking magazines and we grill almost every night in the summer. I may try it. Andrew is a bourbon and scotch kind of guy so we definitely have some around the house. Putting peaches on my grocery list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love both bourbon AND peaches! Gotta try this soon. :)

    Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. MY. GOODNESS.
    This looks incredible!! It is officially on my to-cook list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh - i need to make these! in fact, i wish i had peaches so i could make them now. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yumm! love simple baked fruit desserts like this. sounds delicious with the bourbon.

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs