6/20/13

friday links vol 1

some stuff I read, saw and liked this week (and last week!)

 Moroccan wall stencil by royaldesignstencils

>> this is not wallpaper but a wall stencil. I want to use one on the wall behind my kitchen sink!

>> 6 tips for taking high-quality photos via jenny highsmith

 

>> this incredible, incredible wedding shot just north of Seattle. Hat tip to Delightfully Tacky for tweeting it. 

>> the hair & makeup shoot shared by gentri lee. holy gorgeous!


>> how to throw a beer-tasting party via the glitter guide

>> good reads for small business owners & bloggers from just love.ly


>> how to wear boyfriend jeans via the dean street society (this is a trend I'm excited/nervous to try!)

new to me blog reads:
 - style honestly (love her affordable fashion & take on life!)
- jeans & a teacup (another fun fashion read)
- a cozy kitchen (recently pancakes have become a comfort food of mine -- and lately I need a lot of comfort-- so obviously I've started reading a blog by someone who just published a pancake book!)

in other news-- the half marathon is s a t u r d a y. The ankle is not perfect, but gosh darn it, I'm planning on running it! (And eating the biggest breakfast afterwards... that may or may not include pancakes...)

happy friday!
xo, erika

p.s. have a second? can I snag a vote from you in the wallis fashion contest? apparently you can now vote once an hour-- but I'm not honestly expecting that from any of you. ;)

p.p.s. if you haven't yet-- enter the giveaway for the "put your stamp on it" book here!


6 comments

  1. the boyfriend jean...do it! you'll love it!!
    oh and the stencil! YES again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore wall stencils. Jen and I want some white birch tree stencils for our future lavender window wall. ^_^ Excited to click through some of the linkage! Have a happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your run!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that wall stencil and have dreams of someday having a dining room or something stenciled in our home :) Can't wait to check out your new blog reads!

    Wishing you the best in your first Half Marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wedding -- gah! Can't believe I'm going to live near that epicness! Hope the half marathon went well, anyone who can take on such feats amazes me.

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs