1 can black-eyed peas
1 can black beans
1 green pepper
1 ear of corn
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 handful of fresh cilantro
3 tbs white wine vinegar
1 tbs olive oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
- slice jalepeno lengthwise, remove seeds, dice
- place diced jalepenos in white wine vinegar, let sit for 20 minutes
- open and rinse peas and beans thoroughly, add to large bowl
- dice pepper, strip corn from ear and chop tomatoes-- add to bowl
after the jalepeno slices have sat in the white wine vinegar for 20 minutes, remove them and discard (you can hold onto one slice of jalepeno to put in the dressing if you like a little bit more of a kick.)
- add jalepeno vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, cilantro and jalepeno slice (if using) to food processor/blender and blend until smooth.
pour over salad, let marinate for 10 minutes.
also, avocado would be a delicious addition but I didn't have any but if you do-- you should add it. :)
I served this over an arugula leaf (more greens!) alongside grilled chicken.