6/9/13

before + after // landscape style

I don't think there's any other way to explain what I did Saturday than to show pictures.


This is our little house and the huge piles of rocks and dirt in front of our little house.
 
This our backyard before any work.

This is one of my brothers hauling the rocks with a Bobcat.

 This is part of the backyard being transformed.

 This is more of the backyard being transformed.

And below are the photos after...

Incredible. The photos don't do it justice.


A few words of explanation.

The husband and I bought the house three years ago and we've been slowly fixing it up. Mainly boring stuff like waterproofing and fence-building and random plumbing stuff.

The yard has always been something that we had really no idea how to tackle. I've tried to do research, but it gets marshy in the far reaches of our yard and dealing with it was beyond the little knowledge we had.

Luckily, my mom has the hook-up.  She redoes houses and enlisted the gardener/landscape guru she uses -- who is actually the father of her business partner-- to draw us up a landscape plan for our backyard.

After some discussions, plans, research and a bit of prepwork came the big day of putting it all into action. 

Not only am I amazed at the work we accomplished in one day, but I feel beyond blessed by the 10 people who came and worked from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on a sunny Saturday. They busted their butts to help us -- to put it mildly-- and I still can't get over what they did to help us.

The yard is not quite completely finished-- we have a few more things to do-- I had to share the work that happened.

So, what did you do this weekend? Any crazy yard work? (Let's just say I'm still a leetle sore.)

xo, erika

p.s. linking up with blair for life lately!

14 comments

  1. It looks so so great! You and your family did an amazing job! My boyfriend and I are dreaming about sorting out our tiny garden at the moment. It's such a wreck now, thanks to the dog! I love the plants you've chosen, they're so lovely.

    www.ciderwithrosiebee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks beautiful! You guys did a great job. My husband and I rent, so there is only so much we want to invest in regards to landscaping, but we've been doing a lot of container gardening. Erm, rather, yesterday I sat outside and blogged while he worked on repotting a bunch of our plants.

    Linkouture: Musings on the Creative Side of Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks great! I'm sure it feels ever better to have all that hard work behind you and be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor all summer :) I wanna come over for a cookout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a wonderful transformation! It looks amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! It looks so good!

    We're lucky that my folks own the house we live in, so as our technical landlords they do all this kind of work for us. So hopefully once we're ready to buy them out, we can just keep up what they've already done ;-) So sneaky, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. dang girl!! you guys did such a great job!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! Your backyard looks incredible Erika!! You guys all did an amazing job!!
    I guess this weekend was the time for being in the garden- my weekend was spent putting up a fence n our backyard + doing a bit of gardening!! :) It's a lot of hard work but in the end it is totally worth it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh, i am in love with your house!!! and wow, your backyard looks so pretty! i would looove hanging out back there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks great!

    And, I just have to say- IS THAT A WILLOW TREE IN YOUR BACKYARD?
    (Sorry for the all caps, I am a little excited.) Willow trees are my very favorite kind of trees. It looks so lovely!

    It is also so great that you were blessed with so much help to accomplish all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa, you knocked that OUT. Wonderful job, y'all! I love yard work... it's a huge passion of mine. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks fantastic! Props to you and your workers! Now you get to enjoy the whole summer out there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks fantastic! Props to you and your workers! Now you get to enjoy the whole summer out there! oh my gosh, i am in love with your house!!! and wow, your backyard looks so pretty! i would looove hanging out back there.
    Outdoor Living Areas Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  13. it looks SO good! i'm obsessed with your house. can i please come live there with you? okay, good. xo

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs