9/30/13

inconsistency


In my threeish (?!) years of blogging, this is the longest blog break I've taken -- or rather the longest inconsistent stretch of blogging I've had.

It's not that I'm not inspired or struggling through something horrific. I'm just tired. Tired and busy. When I fall into bed at night, I cannot make myself type or edit photos. And the weekends -- usually prime catch-up/blog time -- have been completely full. I haven't even been home.

Despite the busyness, I am grateful. I am grateful for opportunities and traveling and good, good things even if it pushes blogging to the back burner.

The thing is, I really, really like blogging. I blogged before I had the shop, and I've always been a writer, and a reader, and I really hope that I will always continue to write and make time to write. I love the process of blogging -- I love brainstorming and coming up with blog post ideas -- editing photos and clicking away on my ancient laptop -- as well as the community that blogging can bring. 



scarf: c/o She Does Justice (incredible handmade company that gives back!)
hammered brass circle earrings: c/o pleated poppy boutique
tee: Target
cardigan: Old Navy
jeans: Gap
shoes: Keds

xo, erika




10 comments

  1. Your neighbourhood looks lovely! Why blog all the time when you can be in amongst that beauty :)


    Gemma
    fadedwindmills.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your lip color! Sometimes we all just need a little break. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, you have the prettiest neighborhood! And I can tell Nesby is happy you're home :)

    Glad life is full! Enjoy it...we all have seasons that allow space for various things. And I love your scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kept seeing you everywhere at Influence Conference but I didn't really get to say hi....so "Hi!" I love blogging too, but there are definitely some seasons of life when I don't quite feel that I have the energy to sit at the computer and write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous photos! and nice to see you back for a bit
    kw, ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came back from a 2 week blogging break...sometimes life has to be prioritized right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dog is so cute and so are you. Also, your scarf is so fun! Can you tell I like these pictures? Welcome back to the blog life, for now. ;)

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. don't you worry about your breaks... take 'em and enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah lady... you're just living life. There's no need to apologize for that. When you're here and posting, that's awesome. But I think we can all understand when you've got other things on your plate.

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs