9/18/13

diy: watercolor stationery


I came across the most lovely diy on the most lovely blog the wander years, and it was one of those diys that you tuck away for something special.

That something special is a bridal shower I'm co-hosting with my mom for a dear friend. (Technically I'm the matron of honor but I really, really don't want to be a matron. So I asked if I could be a best lady instead and my gracious friend agreed.)

I copied the wander years diy nearly to a tee. I bought some gorgeous creamy cardstock and after printing the invites, I dipped one edge into a bowl of food coloring and water.



To get the lovely blue-green color, I used 1/4 cup of water, 2 substantial drops of blue and 2 substantial drops of green.

I held the edge of the paper just in the bowl for about 5 seconds, using my fingertip to soften the edges so that the color blended upward.




I'm so pleased with the results and can't wait to try this for thank you cards and a whole host of other stationery needs. :)

xo, erika

4 comments

  1. I LOVE the way the invite looks! And it looks really easy to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable! It turned out beautiful. I'll surely tuck this one away for later!

    Christen
    http://christenlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! So simple and yet it looks SUPER fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, these are so pretty! I love handmade stationery and things :) What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs