9/8/13

date night + a sneak peek


For awhile the husband and I stopped having a regular date night and weren't really going on dates at all, but somehow, without ever verbalizing it, we've started doing little dates again.

Usually they're Saturday night. The husband has to work all day and he always tells me that he loves to have something to look forward to. Two weeks ago, we met for dinner at The Yard, this past weekend, we tried out a new place that just opened up near us -- another local bar/restaurant within walking distance of our house.

It's easy to make excuses to not have date night. It is more expensive than staying in but I've decided that it's worth it. Sure, we could be saving a few bucks by making dinner at home, but I've decided spending money on dinner and drinks is a good investment in us.


Also -- do you like the clutch? I'm finishing up my fall line and decided I needed to take one of the clutches for a test drive. I'm hoping to get everything up in the next week or so and on my brand-new website! Get excited; I am. :)

 

xo, erika

wear: 
earrings: fresh tangerine (similar)
cardigan: old navy (similar)
tank: target
necklace: milk & crown
jeans: paige via nordstrom
flats: target
clutch: rouge & whimsy *coming soon*

linking up to life lately at wild and precious and style elixir 


p.s. last week to vote!
 Martha Stewart - American Made 2013 - Nominee Badge

10 comments

  1. I feel like my husband and I forget to go on dates for awhile as well. Thankfully we remembered for our anniversary last week :-)

    That clutch is beautiful, I can't wait to see the rest of your fall line and your new website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun date night! We have been trying to keep date night in the mix...but it's hard to get out of the house now that we have Maggie :) Thankfully we have lots of friends who have offered to watch her, so I just need to plan a few dates in advance!

    and I LOVE the red leather clutch! can't wait to see the rest of the new fall line and your website :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Date nights are very needed--even if you don't spend much money, it's simply fun to go out together and have some new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your beautiful, I love those outfit photos and that clutch is adorable! I am not married so I cannot speak much to the date night thing but I do know that having regular times with friends is important so I would imagine its the same way with dating and being married. I am glad that you guys had fun and that you are making time to hang out with each other no matter how busy you schedules are.

    visiting from Blair’s link up :)

    Blessings,

    Jessica

    http://mybeautifulli.blogspot.com/2013/09/life-lately_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new clutch, look at you go! Also I love you guys and your date nights. Just too much adorableness in one place, I can't take it. xo JA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iz and I try to go out when we can. Because my schedule changes week to week it doesn't happen every week, but we definitely like to go to dinner (or lunch) and movies when we can. It's important to keep dating each other and putting in effort!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving that clutch! Can't wait to see the fall collection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! The necklace looks great on you :) Having date nights out of the house is always a good idea--it keeps things interesting! Love the new clutch, I can't wait to see your new fall additions, and website! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen, sister! I adore going out to eat. Not only do I love to eat, but I love the talking time it gives the beau and me. Yeah, it's pricier than cooking at home, but for the joy I get out of it -- and the benefits I think it can bring to a couple -- that price is definitely worth it. (Also ... Adore that oxblood clutch. Super gorgeous color.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that clutch!
    I can't wait to see it in your shop! So excited! I'll have to treat myself :)

    Tia
    http://www.TheCraftyEngineerx.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs