9/16/13

seventies style


There are a few items of clothing in my closet that I feel strongly about and one of them is my pair of high-waisted trouser jeans.

I love the way they look and they're such a great change from a world of skinny jeans. They're so flattering and give the illusion of long, long legs. I honestly and fully believe that they're something every woman should have. 

The other thing I love about them is their subtle or perhaps not so subtle '70s vibe. In this outfit, at least, the '70s vibe is not subtle-- it's full-on embraced with my crochet tank and sunglasses. In this outfit I feel I could even join Charlies' Angels and kick a few butts. I always did want to be a spy.



xo, erika
wear: jeans: Gap similar tank: Nordstrom (last year) shoes: Blowfish (a few years ago-- similar) sunglasses: Target
linking up to style elixirfashion & faith

10 comments

  1. oh my goodness you are so stinkin' cute. can you come over sometime to Bothell and do a closet makeover with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really like the dark wash of the jeans, I think it helps keep the outfit a modern version of 70s style. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, these are refreshing to see after so many skinny jeans. Your legs go on for miiiiiiles. I adore this look. I feel inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. where are the pieces from?! i never can find wide-legged trousers long enough for me legs, so i'm dying to know what brand they are. and the color/shape of that lace top is perfect for a pencil skirt to jeans transition.

    also, your hair is looking fab.

    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These jeans are fabulous! Sometimes I forget how flattering trouser jeans are, and you are proof of that. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that top.. I have a similar one thats yellow/gray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That top is SO cute, the color is really pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love that top and those jeans are SOO fab!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  9. I l-o-v-e this outfit SO much, and it's totally something I would wear! I love that style of pants as well, them and skinnies make me oh so very happy. Crochet shirts, too!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs