3/12/12

real life is better than twitter (plus lots o photos)

I love social media, don't get me wrong. And while I'm not often on Facebook (my family teases me for being snobby about it) I text, email and tweet a lot.

But face time -- like real breathing face time-- seeing someone in person NOT on an iPhone -- can never be substituted. And I need to remember this when I'm with people, friends, family, whomever, and tempted to check my phone for updates.

This was reiterated this weekend when I met some wonderful people that I've tweeted with and emailed with a lot the past few months.

Turns out they're way more wonderful in person.

From left to right: Andi of the Holly Rogue, Ashley of 5OhWifey, Jenna of the Life of a Wife and Abby.

Ilene of Much Love Illy finds a thrifted treasure

Ilene and Leonora of Yellow Heart Art -- so hardcore

Leonora, Illene, Julie of Julie Ann Art, Ashley of The Shine Project and me :)


Julie & Ilene enjoying hot chocolate
xo, erika

22 comments

  1. so true, being with people is more important than knowing what's going on via Twitter/Facebook. Thanks for the reminder :) isn't community great?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah I'm the same way. I'm on twitter and blogger far too often! So glad you got this day away for real time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am JEALOUS. I've been aching for some fun blogger time and this looks like an AMAZING time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, looks like Creative Estates was a ton of fun! I'd love to meet some fellow bloggers in real life someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG How fun!!!! I love all the pictures! I'm so glad you had so much fun. WE MUST MEET AGAIN IN REAL LIFE!!! Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. between these pics and all the funny tweets you, ilene and leonora tweeted it looks and sounds like you all had an amazing time! Face time is the best! I am going to a conference next weekend with april of marine parents and christina of little wellies and i cannot wait for face time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome are those pictures! Really happy looks, love this.

    sam*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok I totally just "AWWWed" out loud like 5 times looking at these photos!!!! Love them and love you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!! Looks like you had such a blast!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you took a pic of us as we were taking a picture! :) Cute cute pics!! You're the best Washington comedian I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww! so sweet...i love your captures of everyone enjoying their time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I'm so glad you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it was sooooo fun meeting you and laughing my face off! you are truly an amazing gal! hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awww love these pics!! you girls are soo cute! wish i could have met you all too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad I got to meet you! You are so sweet and funny! Cute photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. awwww looks like it was so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It really is hard to disconnect from technology, but I completely agree that there is nothing better than being face to face with someone and having a real conversation, versus an almost one-sided convo over the internet. I hope to meet all of those amazing creative women at some point in the future! It looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love you pretty girllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs