3/23/12

friday finds & favorites: spring showers and flowers


For this week's Friday Finds & Favorites I'm having one of my sponsors Candace share her favorite things for spring!

<><><>

Hi everyone! I'm so excited for the opportunity to spend some time with you all today! My name is Candace and I write Woodgrain & Gold. I am a design student living in Portland OR, but am a native Seattleite like our lovely miss Erika. Blogging happened to me a couple months ago and I have completely fallen for it. In my blog I give a little insight on what it's like living in Portlandia, different aspects of design, and a fair share of fun DIYs. I hope to see you over there!

Spring for the most part entails a good amount of showers and breezy sunny days, especially over here in the good old Pacific Northwest, so I thought it was only fair to recognize them as two different lists.


found here: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 


 I feel it's necessary that every girl have a black and white striped shirt. It's a great staple and paired with a bright hi-lo skirt and a floral scarf, you have one amazing outfit. There is a Doc Martens store across the street from my school and I am completely head over heels. You can never go wrong with a well made handbag and pair of oxfords. Tangerine is the hot color right now (right pantone?) and makes a fun pop of color for your nails. Top it all off with a lovely bright blue pair of sunglasses and you are ready for the sunny days.


 found here: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7

A light wash denim top and floral pants? In love. I am a public transportation girl so a good backpack and cute umbrella are a must for the rainier days. I highly recommend the Native "Jimmy" boots, they are lightweight and perfect for rain. Pair them with a tall sock, like those amazing mustard yellow ones, and you are golden. When spring comes along I switch over to a lot more citrus and fruity smells. I just switched over from Rosebud's Minted Rose to Strawberry and it feels very appropriate.
 
There you have it, my must-haves for spring, hope you like them as much as I do. Big thanks Erika for having me! Hope you all have a great rest of your weeks! Happy Spring!

<><><>

Candace-- no good. You've totally tempted me to go shopping because although the rainy day outfit is more practical-- I want that yellow skirt! 

Friends-- to see more of Candace's lovely style picks I highly recommend her blog

happy weekend!

xo, erika


8 comments

  1. I love the idea of the striped top and yello skirt--totally what I would wear.

    And the flower jeans--so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these color combos! that green bag is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this inspiration boards! I'm especially loving the yellow high-low skirt, the striped long sleeve tee, and the Essie nail polish of course! I just found your blog and I love it! -Jessica

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these two outfit combos!! Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love inspiration boards like this, they always help me think outside the box fashin-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love her for flowers board!! going to check out her blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such unique finds...great job pairing them up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you made this collage...cute pieces...how were you able to make it, we've been trying to figure out how to make fashion collages..

    Thanks for sharing!

    Love,
    Melissa
    www.3islove.com

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs