For this week's Friday Finds & Favorites I'm having one of my sponsors Candace share her favorite things for spring!
<><><>
Hi everyone! I'm so excited for the opportunity to spend some time with
you all today! My name is Candace and I write Woodgrain & Gold. I am
a design student living in Portland OR, but am a native Seattleite like
our lovely miss Erika. Blogging happened to me a couple months ago and I
have completely fallen for it. In my blog I give a little insight on
what it's like living in Portlandia, different aspects of design, and a
fair share of fun DIYs. I hope to see you over there!
Spring for the most part entails a good amount of
showers and breezy sunny days, especially over here in the good old
Pacific Northwest, so I thought it was only fair to recognize them as
two different lists.
I feel it's necessary that every girl have a black and white striped
shirt. It's a great staple and paired with a bright hi-lo skirt and a
floral scarf, you have one amazing outfit. There is a Doc Martens store
across the street from my school and I am completely head over heels.
You can never go wrong with a well made handbag and pair of oxfords.
Tangerine is the hot color right now (right pantone?) and makes a fun
pop of color for your nails. Top it all off with a lovely bright blue
pair of sunglasses and you are ready for the sunny days.
A
light wash denim top and floral pants? In love. I am a public
transportation girl so a good backpack and cute umbrella are a must for
the rainier days. I highly recommend the Native "Jimmy" boots, they are
lightweight and perfect for rain. Pair them with a tall sock, like those
amazing mustard yellow ones, and you are golden. When spring comes
along I switch over to a lot more citrus and fruity smells. I just
switched over from Rosebud's Minted Rose to Strawberry and it feels very
appropriate.
There
you have it, my must-haves for spring, hope you like them as much as I
do. Big thanks Erika for having me! Hope you all have a great rest of
your weeks! Happy Spring!
<><><>
Candace-- no good. You've totally tempted me to go shopping because although the rainy day outfit is more practical-- I want that yellow skirt!
Friends-- to see more of Candace's lovely style picks I highly recommend her blog.
happy weekend!
xo, erika






I love the idea of the striped top and yello skirt--totally what I would wear.
ReplyDeleteAnd the flower jeans--so pretty.
love these color combos! that green bag is a beauty!
ReplyDeleteI love this inspiration boards! I'm especially loving the yellow high-low skirt, the striped long sleeve tee, and the Essie nail polish of course! I just found your blog and I love it! -Jessica
ReplyDeleteTHEJESSICALBLOG.COM
I love these two outfit combos!! Very pretty!!
ReplyDeleteI love inspiration boards like this, they always help me think outside the box fashin-wise.
ReplyDeletelove her for flowers board!! going to check out her blog now!
ReplyDeletesuch unique finds...great job pairing them up!
ReplyDeleteLove how you made this collage...cute pieces...how were you able to make it, we've been trying to figure out how to make fashion collages..
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
Love,
Melissa
www.3islove.com