3/20/12

diy: stamped t-shirt

I got the inspiration for my revamped, stamped tee from the one and only elsie of a beautiful mess. I loved her stamped horse dress and knew I had to do some version of it-- even if it was just on a thrifted tee.


supplies: foam (at least 1 inch thick), fabric paint, cotton tee (or skirt or dress)



 cut out your desired shapes (I started easy with a triangle) and stamp!





It's actually kind of addicting. I'm already brainstorming what I can stamp next.

xo, erika

p.s. I know that Megan of Moonbeamwishes did a stamped dress too-- super cute! if you try this diy let me know-- I'd love to see it :)

p.p.s. new color blocked bags in the shop-- check 'em out :)

18 comments

  1. I LOVE this!! I want to make one! Do you think I can find a stamp/shape with a bird on it? have you seen those cute skirts lately with birds on it? I want one but want it to be cheap. : ) what a great idea. pinning it so I can do it next week! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I have to try this as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading this on A Beautiful Mess and thinking what a great idea it was, and then it got lost in the madness that is my life at the moment--but your t-shirt has made me really want to give it a go--all I need now is to go and buy something to stamp on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my kind of DIY - it's easy enough to handle for someone who's more or less klutzy like me! I have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it Erika!!! The triangle is such a fun pattern and I love the color of your tee!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really cute. I have a couple of plain t's that I almost never wear. Must try this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love the pattern you chose, and the grouping. I've been dying to stamp some piece of clothing!

    xo, Megan
    gingerly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute t-shirt. I have a thing for triangle right now. I even painted metallic triangles on my son's desk. Thanks for sharing this idea.
    http://oleanderandpalm.blogspot.com/2012/02/triangles.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute idea! I HAVE to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable! I love this! I loved Elsie's horse dress when I saw it, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I need to try this easy DIY! I love it so much I had to tweet it! -Jessica

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs