3/2/12

11 things & a few more

the husband makes fun of me because he thinks that sometimes I try too hard to be different, to not go along with the crowd.

but look at me husband! I'm participating! ;) (and playing by the rules)

 11 things
1. Post these rules
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them that you've tagged them.



eleven random things about moi:

- when I was little I really wanted brown hair or black hair. Anything but red hair. I've gotten over it now.

- my brother puked during my wedding vows. and he was a groomsman.

- although I have red hair, I am not Irish (as most people think). I am Swedish, Norwegien, German and Polish.

- I prefer pie to cake, but I'm a pie snob, and if it's not homemade pie and homemade crust, then I prefer cake to pie.

- I have never been to the East Coast but I've been to Europe.

- I am really afraid of monkeys, apes, primates, whatever. I think they're evil. They are not cute. They are evil and have evil intentions. You cannot convince me otherwise.

-  My husband and I own our house. (so yeah, we're broke.)

- I can read really fast. Like really really fast. It's kinda sick and I try to slow down, but I can't.

- On the flip side, I count on my fingers and use my phone's calculator for most simple math

- When I was in second grade, I wrote horse drama stories. They were like straight-up horse soap operas where the mare would die birthing the foal and then the foal would get stolen by poachers. I wrote an entire series and it was all in pencil on that brown, lined paper from school.

- I crack my neck, my knuckles, my back, my toes... nearly every body part that can be cracked is cracked. I know it's annoying to some people, but I've done extensive research and it does not contribute to arthritis!

questions from my girl leonora:

1. If you could have any super power what would it be and why? Uh fly because then I wouldn't have to take the bus downtown every day. (and attempt to read and get bus sick.)

2. If you HAD to quit your job (or change your college major) and you HAD to pick a different career path what would you do? Once upon a time, I was applying to Fashion Institute in L.A. I actually backed out at the last moment and went to the University of Washington. I don't regret my decision, but I think going into fashion, fashion merchandising, etc, would be an interesting career choice. :)

or I would be a teacher. 


3. What was your most embarrassing moment Well shoot-- you had to bring that up, huh? There are WAY too many to remember but I think one of the worst ones was one of first times I was at my boyfriend's (now husband's) parents' house and I overflowed the toilet. Water was running into the hallway and he, his mom, his sister and I were on our hands and knees mopping it up. And his dad was down in the basement where toilet water was seeping through the CEILING. (and yet he still married me...)

4. It's 2012, when you were younger how did you think the world would be by now?
I don't think I ever thought this far into the future... I knew that we wouldn't be like the Jetsons or anything... but I think I thought we would have some people living in space. 

5. What is a fear you are trying to work on?
The fear of what others think of me. It honestly doesn't matter if everyone isn't my best friend and it doesn't matter if not everyone likes what I do. I shouldn't be consumed with what others may be thinking of me.

6. Do you remember POGs and if so HOW the HECK did you play?? So I think with POGs you had that big POG -- the slammer -- and you slammed it on a stack of POGs and all the POGs that went flying you got to keep? I'm not sure -- they banned POGs at my school pretty quickly. Also, I can't believe my parents let me spend money on cardboard disks...


7. What talent do you wish you had but lack skills in? (For example I do not have an athletic bone in my body, when I tried to ski I totally ate snow) Shoot. I need some major skills. Math skills, singing  skills... also I would appreciate some graphic design skills a lot.


8. What store can you max out your credit card in? I would normally say anthropologie but everything is so durn expensive, so I'm going to go with Nordstrom because I can get a tiny, tiny bit more bang for my buck. That, and I do love Nordstrom.

9. What was your favorite childhood toy or activity?
I loved playing make-pretend, if that's the term for it. My childhood friend and I spent hours coming up with these elaborate games where we were spies or fairies, and my brother and I played this awesome game every summer where we shipwrecked on a tropical island and had to figure out how to survive.


10. If you could have a 2nd house anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
France. An hour outside of Paris in the Loire Valley. I would have the charm and quiet of the countryside but would be within a short train ride to the culture and history of Paris.

 I am tagging a few of my sponsors: Jill of A Ceative Little Mess, Candace of Woodgrain and Gold, Emily of Tales for Karina, Melina of Only a Flight Away, Hailey of BabyBakerLove and Lauren of SequinedSprinkles

and any one else who wants to play along -- just link up in the comments!

happy friday people!

xo, erika


8 comments

  1. See, I always wished that I had red hair instead of my strange shade of brown. Funny how that works, right?

    My husband says he wants a monkey as a pet. I am VEHEMENTLY opposed to that idea. Yuck.

    Hehe...horse soap operas. Love that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to get to know you better! I love hearing the random facts and things you wish you could do. But you already have lots of great talents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fallen in love with your blog, dear! You've got a stellar sense of style (love the rust colour on you and those desert wedges, I have the same ones)...and a super fun personality. Can't wait to read more! Following.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gonna get my 11 things up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad I'm not the only one that counts on my fingers... I did that at work today and got laughed at =-( Not very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful
    Nice post dear
    Good blog
    I am following your blog with GFC
    Now follow back my blog with GFC too
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi erika! i would just love to read those horse stories. i'm laughing out loud at just the summary.

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs