2/22/12

what we wore

I have very fashionable, very beautiful friends who were kind enough to pick me up (early!) from work on Friday to window shop and go to happy hour downtown.



betsy (left): sweater: nordstrom rack //  necklace: handmade gift from a friend (it's a copper pipe on a navy ribbon) //  jeans: nordstrom rack //  boots: macys  

me: denim shirt, thrifted // striped shirt: gap //  necklace: nordstrom // skirt: anthropologie  // boots: macys     //  socks: fred meyer
katie (right):  shirt: nordstrom rack // necklace: heather hansen designs // skirt: boutique in maui  // tights: jcrew // boots: nordstrom rack  



And because the husband and I are instituting a strict budget, it made me want to buy things all the more. Does that happen to anyone else? That feeling of wanting something you can't have even more?

happy wednesday friends!

xo, erika

p.s. I'm a little used to outfit posts now, but I really had to convince one of my friends to take photos in public. She was definitely a little bit self-conscious -- and may be even more so now that I've posted them here. ;)

19 comments

  1. Awww love that Nordy sky bridge. You guys look great, and definitely fashionable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look great! I totally know what you mean about budgeting making you want stuff all the more...!

    Sarah x

    www.smallestsarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all look great...and props to your friends for joining you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also on a very strict budget, and I was so sad because I really wanted a denim shirt this weekend, so ironic! But I just had to say no. I already bought quite a few things that day and my poor wallet couldn't handle any more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe...that makes me miss Seattle. Even the rain oddly. I lived there for six years and although I'm happy in Yakima, my heart always yearns for day-to-day life there (minus the traffic :). Thank you for sharing!!! We're almost neighbors...in the blog world anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute! I try to hold back on the spending too! it is definitely difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all 3 of your outfits... very cute, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the three outfits. Great on you girls!

    Mary, MI

    ReplyDelete
  9. between you and your friends there is WAY too much cute in this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so so so so cute!! Miss you! Blog Sugar wasn't long enough for me. And I'm the same way.... being on a budget totally makes me want to buy stuff. Why is that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOW FUN! I LOVE your outfit! SO SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Nordstrom Rack too... everytime I go there I see things I want!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you girls are so cute! every outfit - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, your friends are super cute ;)
    Thanks for the outfit post!
    Ps. loved the red belt in today's post...definitely a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had quite a blast! Enjoy those girlfriends and keep the fun fashion coming!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute! You all look great, this sounds like it was A LOT of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs