2/13/12

jean on jean

some fashion rules are made to be broken like white after labor day and mixing brown with black. 

But one rule I'm really having a hard time adjusting to...

jean on jean.

That, for as long as I can remember, was the biggest fashion don't. It's akin to wearing a denim tuxedo ala Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake circa 1999. 

In college there was a guy who wore a jean jacket with jeans and we always told him that he couldn't do that. It wasn't allowed. (Jon, I'm sorry for being so hard on you about that.)
And of course now I see people rock jean on jean like this:


I'm not sure if I'm ready to break my rule all the way... so I'm taking baby steps.



jean shirt: thrifted   green jeans: urban outfitters   shoes: wanted shoes

xo, erika

11 comments

  1. I LOVE the jean on jean look! And I love your version too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way! I never wear my jeans jacket with my jeans...it feels funny and doesn't seem right! But those ladies up there are gorgeous! And I LOVE your version! Very clever! Happy Monday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those green skinnies! they are on my wish-list right now!
    rach
    modestemusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that jean shirt! I'd be too scared to wear it with jeans too. Maybe with my coral jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thought of jean on jean always makes me cringe!! Mainly because I think of Brittany + Justin. But I love the look of it when there is two types of jean material going on. I love the Daybook's outfit + I am LOVING the way you paired your two types of jean together!! That jean shirt of yours is amazing!! I love all the different ways you wear it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think colored jeans is different... Your look looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you, I can't do jean on jean. It just feels all wrong! The colored jeans with the jean shirt work though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the jean on jean!

    http://babybakerlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute, Erika! I lvoe the denim short paired with the kelly green skinnies. :) You look adorable! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it! I'm with you on it being hard to try something you thought was a fashion no-no. I need some colored denim....black denim to be specific :) but I don't even own a denim shirt anymore. I totally had one embroidered in grad school w/ our logo. How 90s is that?! And it wasn't the 90s anymore....

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs