2/7/12

home tour: the turquoise dresser & guest room

some of you have asked what room I've been occasionally taking photos in.

I finally cleaned just so you guys could have a little peek at where I sew (and sometimes take pretty photos.)

Step on in! Do you spot pieces from the paper mama shop and yellow heart art hanging on the wall?


 The dresser was a thrift find that my mom painted for me. :)

lamp, frame: TJ Maxx  vases, jar, mini-chest, painted silver mirror: thrifted  


Craigslist chair, thrifted mini shelves and suitcases. The trunk is a family heirloom.

On the shelves is my husband's sports collection from childhood -- on the bottom shelf are boxes and binders full of cards. The tops shelves have bobbleheads, figurines and books. The random Barbie is vintage from my Grandma.


 bookcase, chest: thrifted  pillows: handmade by me

 my sewing area and inspiration board. 

The sewing machine is a Janome I got on Craigslist for $40. Which is amazing.

The desk is also a thrifted find, painted by my mom. The pendant light is my mom's design-- she thrifted the frame, then bought a lamp kit and had my dad put it together.


 I found the chair on the side of the road and painted it & recovered the cushion.
The white chest holds fabric and was another thrifted find.


I love my print from Mary Kate McDevitt-- my husband got it for me and it's often my mantra cuz I really do love to get things done! (but what I haven't done is find a frame for it...)

The typewriter and vintage cameras were Christmas gifts from my parents-- they found them in an antique shop near my Grandma's house in California.

 Could you get the theme from the room? Nearly everything is thrifted or from Craislist. While it takes time to put together a room like this, I love the character and stories behind each piece.

I also can't take a lot of credit for this room. As an interior designer, my mom is a devoted thrift shopper and Craigslist browser and she picks up a lot of great stuff for me. (You can read about her job here.)

I'm not going to lie to you-- I cleaned this room Saturday but I already have fabric strewn everywhere again as I've working hard to add some new stuff to the shop. (I hope you will be as excited about as I am about the new products!)

thanks for stopping by for my little room tour-- you can see more about my house in the tour of my little bedroom here.

xo, erika

p.s. I'm sharing tips on blogging as a part of Heather at Just Lovely Things' "Love Your Business Series"  today! go check it out :)

13 comments

  1. I love knowing where that dresser is...I was guessing the guest room :) I also love all of your details. I'm going to tackle the guest room as my next project in our place. We just painted the walls and now it needs some character ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love LOVE the dresser! I have major room jealousy!

    Sarah x

    www.smallestsarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so amazingly jealous of all of your thrifted finds! The room looks so precious and vintage, I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the room! Now I'm wanting to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I totally love it. And new stuff for your shop? I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  6. eeeeep!! I LOVE this room!!! I love all the vintage//thrifted items!!! It looks so homey!!! I want to set up a little cot and live in there!! :) That Get Stuff Done print is amazing!! I think I need to take a peek at her shop!!! And I love the suitcases + that dresser ((of course!!)) and that awesome chair!! I LOVE the way you fixed it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love it. :) Wish my mom found awesome stuff at the thrift store and painted it for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color of your dresser! And the suitcases are just wonderful. I cannot for the life of me find any cute ones at the thrift stores around here. I've been on the hunt for awhile!

    xoxo
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have visions of LOTS of turquoise in my new home :) LOVE that dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My fave part is that [free] chair! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, what a darling room! Love that dresser!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs