7/18/11

what I did this weekend: wedding #2

My best friend Betsy got married this weekend at a farm 30 miles north of Seattle. 
It was beautiful like all weddings and I cried tears of joy as she walked down the aisle.

 What I wanted to share with you is all the handmade and creative touches she added to her wedding.

 An antique chest from her great-grandmother was set up at the edge of the reception area.

 Guests signed the leaves of a tree on a canvas painting.

 She filled a drawer and the metal tub below with the programs

Flowers, a ribbon wrapped letter 'H' and lace 

Vintage blue bottles added her color


The centerpieces were a random assortment of rocks, mirrors, wildflowers and lantern



It was beautiful.

(two weddings down-- two to go. I'm in four this summer!)

:) Erika

4 comments

  1. Such beautiful handmade and personal touches! :)

    FOUR weddings?! You're one busy lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, wedding's are always so blissful.
    And summer time always seems to be FULL of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was an honor to have you stand by my side. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so random, but i have a bunch of seattle friends who went to this wedding. small world!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs