7/3/11

day of rest [#3] read a good book

I love to read.






Source: None via Erika on Pinterest


and I read fast. Some people claim I just skim but that's totally not true. It's just I do everything fast-- if I can't do it efficiently, I don't like it. (This is why math & I never got along. I couldn't figure it out in less than 5 minutes so usually got frustrated & cried. To this day I still count on my fingers.)

Back to my point. I love to read and always have although in elementary school and junior high I pretended I didn't because bookworms weren't cool.


Source: flickr.com via Erika on Pinterest


Source: flickr.com via Erika on Pinterest



Bookworms are cool, by the way.

On my day of rest, on my vacation of rest, I am reading a lot.  And it makes me so happy.

Books I have consumed & enjoyed:
- Little Bee
- The Help
- My Name is Mary Sutter
- Twenties Girl
- Ape House (by the author of Water for Elephants)
- Bossypants (!!)

Currently reading:
- Roses. Huge (600+ pages y'all) of a West Texas family with enough drama to give Scarlett O'Hara a run for her money. Yes, I'm enjoying it :)

- The Reason for God. If you believe, or even if you don't, NYC pastor Timothy Keller lays out his reasons for belief in a loving God in a succinct, easy to read manner. Highly recommended. 






Source: etsy.com via Erika on Pinterest









what are you reading? any suggestions?

3 comments

  1. Bookworms are SO cool! I adore reading... it takes me to new places and introduces me to new people. And I've loved it for as long as I can remember. Honestly I sometimes almost look down on people that don't love reading. I mean, how can you not!? There is something so satisfying about racing through a book to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post was written for ME because girl...I cannot believe how similar we are!! Books are my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what I would do without books. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs