7/1/11

recipe guest post: Jen from Rellasbellas

Happy Friday everyone! Today I have a guest post-- a delicious recipe for you all :)
Hi I’m Jen from Rellasbellas, you can call me rella, all my gal pals do :)

I am so excited to be guest posting on Erika’s wonderful blog while she enjoys Hawaii!
Fun fact, I lived on the island of Oahu for 4 years as a kid and I would move back in a heartbeat! My husband is in the Navy so I hope one day we get stationed there.
I like to create, drink wine, read magazines, get pedicures, play in the sun, drink coffee and I’ve been known to spend a few dollars shopping here and there!
I blog about all kinds of fun and random stuff, including the hubs and my 4 legged baby, Khloe {yes, I admit I named her after the Kardashian!} she is a dachshund collie mix and I love her to pieces, she is the most lovable pup you’ll ever meet.

I love to cook {but that does not necessarily mean I am great at it or that I cook every night, hehe}.
I love shopping at Trader Joes…I don’t so much like to go into the big chain grocery stores because they are so overwhelming. TJ’s is the perfect size, they have almost everything you need for your weekly shopping and it is so easy to put together recipes with all of their yummy food.
I recently fell in love with their Gnocchi al Gorgonzola.  Found in their freezer section it is a very quick bag to pan dinner.  If you grab a few extra ingredients you can make a tasty dinner that will fool anyone into thinking it took you longer than 20 minutes to make!
First the ingredients:

Bag of Gnocchi al Gorgonzola
Bag of frozen spinach
Bacon {or pancetta}
Mushrooms
Basil
Optional ingredient I use in ALL cooking, a yummy glass of pinot noir!

The first step is to cook up your bacon, I like to put it in my toaster over, no grease splashing on me and it drains so you can get it slightly crispy.
 I used 4 pieces because around these parts we LOVE us some bacon. 2 would be perfect if you wanted just a hint of the bacon. I cook it at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes.

After it the bacon has cooked for about 7 minutes I put the mushrooms in a pan. {I like to use crimini mushrooms, but any will do.} Cook for about 5 minutes. {also a good time to see if your bacon is to your liking, if so take out to cool a bit.}
Add the bag of Gnocchi and stir.
At this point it will seem a little runny, but I promise it will thicken up. Cook for about 5 minutes.
Add in 1 cup of frozen spinach {I usually add in a heaping cup}
Cook for another 2 minutes.
While the spinach is meeting the gnocchi and mushrooms you can cut your bacon in to bite size pieces. I like to pat the bacon between two pieces of paper towels to get off the excess grease and then just rip into little pieces.
Add bacon and cook for 2 more minutes.

Add to bowl, add basil and you are set!

Bon appétit!
I hope you’ll stop by my blog and say hello!
Um does that not look delicious? probably shouldn't have stuck this up here while I was hungry... :)

1 comment

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs