And for all of you new blog followers, I’m sharing 24 random and not so random things about me for the 24 years I’ve been on this Earth (in a slight chronological order):
1. I was born in Edmonds, Washington, a beach town about 20 miles from the outskirts of Seattle. And I truly love this state.
2. My parents moved from California to Washington when my mom was a few months pregnant with me.
3. I have two younger brothers—one graduating from high school this spring, and one from college.
4. My red hair is natural. And I hated it growing up.
5. I share my birthday with my husband. He’s one year older than me. Before you gasp in astonishment, consider this: My best friend growing up had the same birthday as me, and two of my husband’s college friends share this date as well.
6. I prefer beer to wine. (Not the cheap stuff though, microbrews only!)
7. I am quite literally addicted to coffee and drink at least a cup a day or else I'll get a wicked headache.
8. My mom sewed all my clothes growing up until I told her at age 11 that it was no longer cool to do so.
9. I almost minored in French in college and love the country. (Yes, I’ve been there but no I can’t remember any of the language now.)
10. I worked for my first two years out of college at a large newspaper (and was part of a Pulitzer Prize winning team.)
11.My husband and I own our home. We bought it a year ago in North Seattle and are now in debt for the next 30 years.
12. I really really do not like monkeys and am actually quite afraid of them.
13. I’m a speed reader and have been known to finish a book of 200 pages on a flight from L.A. to Seattle—that’s 2 ½ hours, in case you’re wondering.
14. Speaking of flying, I didn’t go on my first plane trip until I was 14! It was a trip to California to see family.
15. I am terrible at math and can’t do simple subtraction or addition without counting on my fingers—including figuring out how many hours I slept a night.
16. I graduated from the University of Washington with a degree in journalism.
17. Currently I work in downtown Seattle in a very tall building on the 46th floor. I can see Mt. Rainier from my office window as well as Puget Sound.
18. My maiden name is Cederlind.
19. Despite the red hair, I am not in fact Irish but ¼ Swedish, ¼ Norwegian, ¼ German and ¼ Polish.
20. My friends in college nicknamed me “Mom” for my mothering tendencies. (I lived in a house with 15 other girls all four years.)
21. My brother threw up during my husband and my vows on our wedding day due to heat exhaustion. There was a random heat wave through Seattle and at our outdoor ceremony it was nearly 100 degrees…at 5 p.m. in the evening and he was wearing a black suit.
22. I planned our wedding in less than 6 months.
23. I absorb random trivia like a sponge. For instance: An elephant has a gestation period of 24 months (memorized from playing Trivial Pursuit as a freshman in high school) and all hamsters in the U.S. originated from a single litter than came from Russia. (not sure where I learned that.)
24. According to my husband my two most annoying habits are 1. Not closing cabinet doors. 2. When I talk I often start a sentence only to trail off midway, not completing my train of thought.
Thanks for putting up with this overshare! And if you want to share trivia about you (or any other random trivia you know) comment below or email me at email@example.com (Random fact #25: I love comments and getting email.)