1/19/14

space + places: trove


Don't get me wrong. I'm a thrift-store fanatic, garage-sale digger and Craigslist surfer, but sometimes going to a cute boutique where someone else does all the searching for you is nice.

Trove Vintage Boutique is one of those places I've been meaning to go to for awhile now. From the adorable window displays to the turquoise painted exterior, and its array of curated antique treasures, the little shop has lured me for quite some time.

I finally was able to stop by this past Saturday and explore. It's in Ballard -- one of my favorite neighbors of Seattle (if you visit my city, forget downtown, stay in this gem of an area) -- and right off Market Street.

The adorable antique shop opened last October and excitingly enough, Cyrena, one of the owners told me, that they're hoping to open a bridal boutique soon as well. (!!!)

Trove is filled to the brim with frothy 1950s dresses, etched drinking glasses, sequined pumps and styled so well that many of the items look like they'd be at home nearly anywhere.

I went home with a plaid skirt, but I was also tempted to buy a cropped, 1960s jacket and a gold carrier case of drinking glasses. I may have to go back for those soon.


You can follow Trove on FacebookInstagram (they post adorable stuff) or Pinterest.

Thanks Cyrena and Sara for letting me take photos of your adorable shop!

I'm going to try and post more places + spaces on the blog in 2014! Check out my last post in the series here.

xo, erika

2 comments

  1. looks so cute and i love your new skirt :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go out to Seattle and visit this place!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs