One thing I've learned recently is that friendship can come from all places-- even the internet. I became friends with Julie two years ago and now I count her as a dear friend-- someone who can listen to my gripes about owning a small business and someone who will always appreciate a photo of my dog.
Julie is getting married this spring and while I can't throw her a bridal shower in my living room, I can throw her one online. And if I was hosting a shower for her, I know I would have to make the lady a mixed drink.
Julie loves mojitos, but I figure because we're at a shower, we should make it just a little fancier-- and add champagne.
(recipe for two, you can easily increase this for more people!)
3 limes, juiced
1 large bunch of mint leaves
1/2 grapefruit, juiced
2 shots of rum
1 cup of champagne
2 tsp of sugar
J + J for Julie & Jordan :)
- Tear mint leaves into small pieces.
- Add mint juice, grapefruit juice, sugar, mint leaves to jar and muddle with the backside of a spoon to mix all the flavors
- pour in rum, stir and continue to muddle
- top with cup of champagne
- divide contents equally between two glasses and garnish with lime wedges.
congratulations Julie! I am so happy for you :)
go check out the rest of the bridal shower hosts!
Leonora of Yellow Heart Art
Illene of Much Love Illy
Regina of Acute Designs
Emily of Anna Delores Photography