1/7/14

champagne mojitos + a virtual bridal shower


One thing I've learned recently is that friendship can come from all places-- even the internet. I became friends with Julie two years ago and now I count her as a dear friend-- someone who can listen to my gripes about owning a small business and someone who will always appreciate a photo of my dog.

Julie is getting married this spring and while I can't throw her a bridal shower in my living room, I can throw her one online. And if I was hosting a shower for her, I know I would have to make the lady a mixed drink.

Julie loves mojitos, but I figure because we're at a shower, we should make it just a little fancier-- and add champagne.


champagne mojitos
(recipe for two, you can easily increase this for more people!)
3 limes, juiced
1 large bunch of mint leaves
1/2 grapefruit, juiced
2 shots of rum
1 cup of champagne
2 tsp of sugar

J + J for Julie & Jordan :)



directions:
- Tear mint leaves into small pieces. 
- Add mint juice, grapefruit juice, sugar, mint leaves to jar and muddle with the backside of a spoon to mix all the flavors 
- pour in rum, stir and continue to muddle
- top with cup of champagne
- divide contents equally between two glasses and garnish with lime wedges. 

enjoy!

congratulations Julie! I am so happy for you :)


go check out the rest of the bridal shower hosts!
 
Leonora of Yellow Heart Art
Illene of Much Love Illy
Regina of Acute Designs
xo, erika

11 comments

  1. the fact that you made a J+J out of mint leaves is the cutest frekkin thing ever. So happy you could "come" to the party ;) now let's make this happen in real life ok?! And PS-this drink? I would drink this. I am a picky drinker (is that a thing?) and this sounds heavenly. I think I'm actually going to make these for my bridal party get together in a few weeks with my ladies. LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Can I crash this? I want to party with you ladies! And I want this drink...looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ppppaaaaarrrrrrty! this is the cutest drink ever. and you're the cutest thing ever. really wish we could all get together in real life. one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is seriously the cutest idea, to throw a bridal shower online. And this drink? Combines my two favorite drinks - champagne and mojitos. I will totally be trying out this recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks so good! i love adding a little something to inexpensive champagne to make it more festive. I am so making these this weekend :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erika!!!! Man I've been going through and commenting and this one made me cry! The mojito. The "J+J." It's just so crazy how real friendships can start online and be carried on for years without getting to see each other much. I'm so thankful to have you in my life! xo JA

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw! you're such a sweet friend! (and that champagne mojito sounds AMAZINGGG)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that drink looks soooo good! you are such a sweet friend! i love julie ann!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh. These look delicious! I'll have to definitely try these out. I even have some champagne in the fridge as it were. :) I'm looking forward to summer already, when I can plant some more mint and make some more mojitos. Anyway, you guys are awesome for throwing Julie an online bridal shower! What a fantastic surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really loved your champagne mojitos drink. Have to use this idea in my sister’s bridal shower at local wedding venues Los Angeles. Will serve this drink to the guests in the party. Hope everyone will enjoy it like me.

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs