1/8/14

gluten-free chocolate truffles

Hello wonderful rouge and whimsy readers!

My name is Meghan, and I write over at eat.live.make  all about living a creative, simple and healthy life. You can follow along for more awesome recipes and tutorials on facebook//pinterest//instagram and my blog! Sweet Erika is kind enough to let me pop in today and share this delicious recipe with you all.

My mom made these truffles for me for Christmas and I MAY have eaten them all without anyone's help! They have chickpeas in them, so they are healthy, right? Not to mention that they are totally gluten free AND vegan! For those of you who aren't vegan, feel free to substitute the chocolate for any melting chocolate you would normally use. Bring a batch of these to your next party and you'll be everyone's new best friend.. I know you'd be mine:).

Ingredients:
  • One 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
  • ¼ c cocoa powder
  • ¼ c honey, or to taste (substitute agave or maple syrup for strict vegan)
  • ½ c peanut butter (I used natural)
  • 1 t gluten free vanilla
  • About 16 oz. gluten free & vegan (I used enjoy life brand) chocolate chips for dipping
  • Options sprinkles or other decorations, if desired

Directions: 
  1. Combine the chickpeas, cocoa powder, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla in your food processor.
  2. Process until a dough consistency forms, stopping to scrape down the sides, as needed.
  3. Transfer cookie dough to a bowl or storage container. At this point, you can refrigerate the dough for a bit before making the truffles.
  4. Take about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Repeat with the remaining dough and peanut butter cups.
  5. Refrigerate the undipped truffles for at least 30 minutes or so.
  6. If using, melt the chocolate as per package instructions, dip each truffle, and place on wax paper to cool, adding sprinkles or other decorations before chocolate is set.
  7. Once chocolate is set, store truffles in the refrigerator.

( this recipe has been adapted from the original recipe found on Cupcakes and Kale Chips)

--
ok how delicious do those look? Meghan is just about the sweetest and a talented photographer-- I highly suggest checking out her online space

xo, erika

4 comments

  1. Ok, that's it. I'm making these today. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look so good! and I love a healthy take on chocolate treats :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmmmy!!!! Sounds delicious!
    http://blog.mrsjonesandco.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmmmmy!!!! Sounds delicious!
    http://blog.mrsjonesandco.com

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs