1/20/14

chips + kale spinach yogurt dip


I'm eat healthy most of the time. Salads, quinoa, no processed foods, yadda yadda. But I do profess a deep love for homemade desserts, beer, and chips and dip. 

And it's football season, as well as nearly Super Bowl season, so I say it's time to get into the chips and dip.

But it's still January and resolution season, so let's not catapult all the way to fried potato chips dipped in cheesy bean dip (we'll get there in February).

Instead let's do baked potato chips and veggie chips with a kale spinach yogurt dip. Tyrells Chips sent me some of their chips to try out-- they're all natural, gluten-free and come in great flavors, including my two faves: veggie and salt and pepper. They're super crispy and make a great dip chip (or a eating late at night chip...)



Kale Spinach Yogurt Dip (inspired by Trader Joes' kale spinach greek yogurt dip)

1 cup plain yogurt
2 tbs canola mayonaise
1 tsp honey
2 minced garlic cloves
3 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup diced spinach
1/2 cups diced kale
1 tsp smoked paprika
salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp red pepper (optional--I like a little bit of a kick to dips)


Chop veggies very finely-- the smaller the better.
Mix ingredients well.
Cover and chill in the fridge for a minimum of three hours (to allow flavors to blend.)

Serve with chips, veggies or use it as a spread!



Tyrell Chips gifted me a few bags of chips to try out; opinions, as always, are my own. 

6 comments

  1. we possess a deep love for the exact same foods. give me a pint of beer, chips & salsa & a homemade brownie & I'm as happy as kid with a new scooter. love this dip idea too. I'm looking for healthy options to have at our Super Bowl party & I think I can sneak this one in & the boys may not even notice! thanks lady! Go Seahawks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good chip dip! This will be perfect for the Super Bowl, huh?! Oh Seattle V Denver ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. stop it. this looks so good. i need to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm in love with TJ's kale and yogurt dip...once I get an appetite back, this looks like something I'd love to have on hand for parties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang it. chips and dip. So good. SO so good. I like having a better chip too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I want some of this noooooowwwwww.....

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs