



I'm going to make a few pop culture references in regards to my outfit.
First one, from Sarah Jessica Parker.
Apparently because I did not create enough miles to actually go anywhere, United Airlines decided to take pity on me and instead of traveling, I can escape with some free magazine subscriptions! Luckily for them, I admit, I love magazines. So I got a subscription to InStyle Magazine and this month's cover girl Sarah Jessica Parker wisely said this:
"People should dress the way they want. Any rules for age or shape are silly. If you walk out the door feeling good about yourself, that’s what counts.”
I took her advice to heart with this outfit. Polka-dotted pleated skirt and gingham blouse? Why not? I really like it and it makes me feel good. So there.
Now, my second pop culture reference.
I confess to watching a lot of Project Runway and I just heard that Tim Gunn is getting his own show. Tim Gunn tells people to "make it work," and while he may not have been talking about mixing prints, I am going to pretend he was in this case.
Two pop culture icons justifying my outfit. More than enough for me.
xo, erika
p.s. Can we, for a moment, talk about the insane quality of the vivid moss on the tree? It's incredible that everything is dormant right now in winter, yet this moss is so bright. Incredible.
wear:
cardigan: borrowed from a friend
blouse: Target
skirt: thrifted
boots: Franco Sarto (similar)
See, this looks so cute on you, but I feel like if I tried to do that people would ask if I got dressed in the dark...
ReplyDeleteLove the moss on the tree and I agree with SJP, as long as you feel good about it (and I'd add it isn't offending others w/ too much skin)!
ReplyDeleteI did that once with unused United miles. it's a fun thing they offer.... Love the print mixing - so cute!
ReplyDeletethe moss on that tree is amazing - and YES, i'm all about mixing prints. love what you did here!
ReplyDeleteSO CUTE!! Love it love it love it. You've mixed them masterfully.
ReplyDeleteI love these prints together and the cute braid in your hair!! ooooo!! and the moss in that tree is so pretty - it looks right out of a fairytale!!! xo
ReplyDeletego moss go & go you for rocking these prints!
ReplyDeletexx
Here&Now
Enter my current giveaway!