1/23/14

#whereilive-- a new ig linkup



If I had a bit more money I would travel. I think we all say that. But more than just jetting off to the places worthy of a National Geographic cover, I would love to see all of the U.S., every state, small cities and big.

I have this fascination with how and where people live. I want to know how it's different, why it's different. I think this is why I love instagram: it's tiny little snapshots answering those questions.

For awhile I've had this idea rolling around in my head to start a link-up series on instagram where people post bits and pieces of where they live -- whether it's a shot of a kitchen, your backyard, a city skyline -- it's open to interpretation! I'll repost some of my favorites on instagram & hopefully (if enough people play along) over here too.

Tell your friends-- especially friends in foreign places, ha -- I'd love to see tons of people share their homes and hometowns.

happy friday, friends. If it's a weekend coming up for you, enjoy it. Take a bubble bath or go for a long walk. You probably deserve it.

xo, erika

p.s. i'm @rougeandwhimsy on instagram. :)



6 comments

  1. Ooh, what a great link-up! I love the idea of getting a glimpse into different homes, communities and cities without actually having to pack up and pay for everything. :) So excited to hopefully link-up and check out this hashtag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I'd love to participate... but maybe when it's not so cold out and there's less snow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not on instagram yet but it does sound like an addictive idea. I got your details from Fashion and Faith. I'm not on blogger, but I will follow you on bloglovin, pinterest and twitter. Good to connect with a fellow believer. If you would like to exchange facebook likes let me know.
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11040855
    www.lornamai.co.uk/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. I can't wait to join in!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs