10/31/13

the list: october wrapup

I don't think-- or rather, I know I'm not ready for November. I'm not ready for the darker, shorter days, I'm not ready for cold temperatures and I'm definitely not prepared for the holidays. October flew past. Here's a little recap



I shared an amazing stuffed squash recipe and wrote about learning to say no
I shared my tips about exercising and obviously had to make something pumpkin-- like pancakes!
We also finally finished painting our house!

Not pictured-- I threw a bridal shower and a bachelorette party, flew down to San Fran for Re:Make and started prepping my new shop website.

I've been thinking a lot about next month -- November-- and what I want it to look like. I've been thinking a lot about culitivating a feeling of gratefulness-- each day, being mindful of all the things I'm thankful for. I know it's an obvious theme for the month with Thanksgiving and all, but I like the idea of having one thing to focus on and work toward this month.

What about you? How was October, and more importantly, what do you hope November be? I'd love to hear.

xo, erika

<><><>
Every first Friday of the month Beth and I share our favorite things from the past month and what we're looking forward to in the new month. It doesn't have to be fancy, it doesn't have to be long, it can just be what the link-up is: a list.

 photo TheListC_zpsdf52f360.jpg

3 comments

  1. October was pretty decent, especially getting to see WICKED, which was AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. October was a great month! I'm so not ready to think about the Holidays...and can't believe it's already red cup season at Starbucks (gulp)! I love reflecting on thankfulness throughout November :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang, you have been busy girl! you definitely deserved a weekend away. i know how much work goes into throwing a bridal shower, whew. it gets darker even earlier than michigan here, so not loving that so much. but happy that i won't ever be freezing my butt off! hope your November is better than expected. i'd like to make a conscious effort to focus on what i'm thankful for throughout the month as well, don't usually think about that until thanksgiving day!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs