11/3/13

workspace


 I've been meaning to share my workspace for quite some time.


Usually my workspace -- the "office" in our little house (which I completely and fully took over) -- is a disaster. I'm a messy creator and my work -- all the little scraps and packaging materials -- makes it easy to be even messier.

This fall, I finally cleaned it up. I bagged up piles of fabric scraps to donate, scrubbed the baseboards and invested in a big Ikea bookshelf with doors to hold some of my leather and fabric. (I'm hoping to buy another soon.)
 


It's not the cutest- most-Pinterest place ever, but it works. I love the corner windows and views of the yard and my giant table, perfect for cutting fabric. I also love that the heater vent is under my desk so on the days it gets really chilly, I can put my toes right over the vent to heat them up.

 
 

These photos were taken by Carina Skrobecki who I discovered through a friend of a friend. My friend and I have a habit of getting lost on wedding photographer websites and Carina was a new-to-me photographer, and, yes, her site is so worth getting lost in. Lucky me, Carina agreed to do a little lifestyle shoot in my workspace and I am over the moon for the photos she took.


Check out Carina's work here and friend her on Facebook. :) (ooh and follow her on instagram, because you know you always need more pretty images to see there!)

Also, you may want to sign up for my email newsletter-- there will be a fun little surprise in it this Friday for my shop!





xo, erika








14 comments

  1. Lord I need a writing space like that, I NEVER use my desk because it's so far away from the rest of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is goooooorgeous! love seeing your space, erika!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i had a heater vent under my sewing space!! sounds nice! i just lost my sewing room and gave it to my oldest son who just turned 13.....bummer! but, i did get the most awesome ever new cutting table at a garage sale for only $40!! it's a back saver Erika!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, do I need to reorganize! I've already dubbed January my "Clean this crap up" month! (Because, let's face it, I'm not doing anything other the producing product until after the holidays!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww love seeing these! i love that cabinet to hold all your fabrics!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm drooling over your work space and THAT WINDOW. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your little space!!! I'm in the process of creating a work area for myself - feel like a nomad working from all over and I just need a little space that is all mine. Gorgeous photos too! Love your little shop :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. this little space looks great! I'd love to have a whole room to myself for my studio space!
    I have a little suggestion, one that i've found helpful to my back when cutting fabric on a table like that, is to put some apple juice cans, or fruit cocktail cans to help elevate the table. If you find that your back sore at all, it might totally help! My mom owns a little fabric store, and when she has this big sale weekend, and pulls out extra cutting tables (the same one you have it looks like!) I always want them elevated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I wish I had more space so I could spread out like that! Instead I keep looking for ideas to make my multi tasking space work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet little workspace! I have a little study, as well -- with the same IKEA Billy bookcases with the half-glass fronts, but mine are full of books (of course, b/c I'm a librarian!) -- and a long white table where I can set up my portable sewing machine. I've just recently gotten back into sewing, and am in the midst of tailoring some pieces in my closet to fit better. You can see more of my sewing projects here at http://librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com/category/sewing/ .

    So nice to meet you yesterday at the PNW Bloggers event! It was nice to talk about "blogger problems" like lamenting the loss of light during the winter season :D

    Jen @ Librarian for Life & Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love seeing other people's creative workspaces! Yours looks so sweet and cozy!

    XO Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your thread holder! My mom has one similar in her work room, and I'd love to have one someday. I admire your work so much and think it's simplistic beauty is great. And i'm too embarassed to share my workspace becuase it is SO not pinterest-y. but hey, it gets the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty! and so organized :) i'm jealous! i can't wait to have my very own work/studio space! thanks for sharing these photos. so inspiring!

    xox,
    amber

    http://wheretheresdesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it erika! that is amazing that you have corner windows, how perfect for a workspace! love all the shelving & antiques.

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs