11/25/13

poppin' in

 

I feel like I've been a little absent here. 

I used to be a 5-times-a-week-or-more (gasp) blogger but life has gotten hectic and something had to give. And the blog is what gave. 

To be honest, it's a little upsetting. I've always been first and foremost a writer and not having time to pop in here and just type is a little disconcerting. 

so a quick update. 

1. I will be having a massive black friday + cyber monday sale in my shop, so make sure you've liked my page on facebook or signed up for my email! (or both-- can't hurt). ;)

2. I am bitter that it is so.dark.here. I don't really mind gray or cold or rain (although Seattle has been sunny and clear all week-- thank the Lord) but I cannot handle the dark. Catching the bus in the dark and coming home in the dark... the only word I have for it is soul-sucking. (forgive the dramatics.)

3.  Because it is dark-- the whole photos for the blog, the shop, everything gets pushed to the weekends. And the weekends are hectic. 

4. Looking at this outfit, I feel like I look like a librarian. Or a grandmother? Neither sounds that bad to me actually. #pleatedskirtsaremyjam

5. I am so grateful for so many good things and I'll be sharing them here tomorrow for the annual thankful link-up with Leonora and Julie. Will you join us? 


What's going on with you? Does it get dark at 4 p.m. where you live? Can you send some daylight to me?

xo, erika

wear:
blouse: jcpenney
scarf: gift
skirt/belt: thrifted
shoes: seychelles



6 comments

  1. Hey Erika, I feel the same, the dark is difficult to deal with isn't it. It's the same here in London, sometimes I think it would be nice to hiberate for some of it! You look delightful in this outfit, I like the librarian look :) Keep smiling.. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the length of this skirt can be tricky, but it looks so great on you that it makes me want to give the one I have another try! :) I'm definitely getting sick of early darkness too...it makes it constantly feel like it's time for bed when it's only 6pm!

    Jess - J's Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that skirt! I bought one similar to it on ASOS but it had a leather strip rather than a leather belt. So cute and comfy :)
    Makeover With Aspen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit!!! Very librarian chic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its been dark here too and it's making me CRANKY. I need sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so know what you mean about leaving and coming home in the dark, I hate that! Though I am in LOVE with your outfit, it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs