11/18/13

diy faux fur scarf



I used to really hate faux fur. And furry things in general. But I don't know what's slipping... maybe I can blame Pinterest? All I know is that I want furry things in my life (besides my doggy).

So when I saw faux fur on sale at Joann's this past weekend, I bought some.


First project -- an easy, diy faux fur infinity scarf.



1. I got a 1/2 yard of faux fur, fold it in half length-wise and cut a 6-inch panel. (My panel was 6 inches wide by 36 inches long.)

2. Fold the faux fur panel furry side to furry side, length-wise again. You'll have long side with a fold and one non-folded side. Pin the non-folded side and sew along that edge. 

3. Turn the panel right-side out so the furry side is out again.

3. You'll have two open ends on either end of the furry panel. Fold the fur in half so that one edge is on top of the other edge (you'll have basically four layers of the fur at this point.) Sew along this edge.  When you finish, you'll have a big furry tube-- or an infinity scarf!

What's great about the faux fur is that it hides nearly any error or raw edge. You don't really need to hem or turn any of the edges in.



xo, erika

p.s. next up, faux fur vest.

1 comment

  1. so cute! I love a good infinity scarf and the faux fur seems so cozy!!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs