11/27/13

grateful (a link-up)

I don't even know where to start.

To be honest, I started and stopped this post a million time, trying to find the right words.

So I'm forgetting the fancy intro and explanations.

I am thankful. Right now, I feel really blessed. There are points in life where it was hard to cultivate any sort of gratefulness. About three years ago, in a job I disliked, working weird hours and feeling disconnected from friends and my husband, I was far from grateful. I think at that point I was more bitter than anything.

Things have changed. I'm at a different job with better hours. I have dear friends who love me so well and my husband does far more for me than I deserve. I am so grateful that circumstances change.

I am beyond thankful for my little shop and blog, which has grown into something I never dreamed of. I am thankful for the roof over my head, my warm bed and the opportunities I take for granted.

Right now, it's easy for me to be thankful. I'm sitting on my couch, next to a sleeping pup, warm in my house. But the thing is,  I want to be able to be grateful in everything, at anytime. I don't want to be back where I was three or four years ago, caught up in bitterness, rather than gratitude.

Whether you find it easy to be grateful right now -- or whether you are in a place where things seem a little darker -- I pray that you will be able to find hope in being thankful-- whether it's for big things or something seemingly little.

xo, erika

I hope you join Julie, Leonora and I and share your own thankful post! Link your post up below (please link just your post, not the whole blog, and please keep it relevant.) And be sure to drop in and read others' thankful posts. happy thanksgiving!





9 comments

  1. I'll put my link up tomorrow, that's when my post is going live. Have an amazing Thanksgiving tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved this erika! so sweet, and I love how you and evan complete one another. It is so nice to have a support system when you are doing something you love. LOVE YA BESTIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great post!! happy thanksgiving!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you list--there is so much in our lives to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    xoxo,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mention of being on the couch in your warm house, next to a sleeping Nesby reminded me of my own moments of gratefulness with my own house, couch, and pup. :]

    You are right, there is so much to be thankful for that is sometimes so simple that it can be overlooked. Thanks for reminding me find gratefulness in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being grateful/thankful is something that I have to stop and do on a daily because sometimes it's way easier to be resentful/bitter. It only takes but a few seconds out of the day by just slowing down - to stop and realize what we have right in front of us, right now, is really everything we need! Thank you for this link up! I wish you a wonderful selling season ;) and happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope to be grateful year round as well, I have much to be thankful for and I sometimes over look it. Hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I trying to be grateful all the time and not just during the holidays. Time to start not taking things for granted.

    Thanks for the link up!

    chevrons&anchors

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs