10/7/13

painting our house

 
I thought of a lot of different titles for this post.

Like:

"The worst household chore ever."

"Why house painters charge so much."

"The longest and worst project ever. "

"What I did all August and most of September."

So yeah. House painting. Not my favorite.

What I tell myself is that by painting our house ourselves we saved a lot of money. A lot of money. But painting a house on your own takes a lot of time.

A lot of time.

 


And we had help. So much help. I feel so grateful to Evan's parents, my parents, my friend Sam, and my brothers who gave up glorious summer weekends for prepping, sanding, scraping, sanding, priming and painting. (Yes, there's that many steps.)

But it needed to be done and I can not be more happy that our house is finally painted. And I love the end result. One more project checked off our enormous house to-do list.



xo, erika

p.s. we matched our old paint color to the new paint-- so I have no idea the color, but my front door is Behr exterior gloss paint in chili pepper. :)

10 comments

  1. Great job!! The door color looks fab with the house color! Loooove!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. This is really Rachel Jackson. Haven't figured out why it's not using my photo when I make comments and fixing my name change to my married name. Maybe someday I'll get that fixed! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the pop of the orange door!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house looks great and I love the color! My parents painted my house twice while I was growing up...and then gave up and we put on vinyl siding ourselves, so I definitely know what you mean when you say it's a huge chore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors!! Ugh! I hate it when projects take forever + require so much work!! But you all did a great job and the finished project looks incredible!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks amazing! but I could never. I would just live with the chipped paint or go into debt paying for a house painter :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well all of that sweat and hard work paid off because the end result looks amazing! I love the shade you chose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I LOOOOVE it. The way the color of the door just pops. It looks really amazing, job very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh! i LOVE the color of the house and that cute red door!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! Homeownership in general is a lot of work ;)

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs