10/4/13

the list: feeling grateful

Each month, on the first Friday of the month, Beth and I recap our months & share goals for the next.

But as I sat down to write this, all I could think of was how grateful I am for my crazy, busy, full life and the people in it. Earlier tonight, I sat with friends around my little table, eating dessert and drinking wine and I just felt this rush of graditude.

Do you ever feel that? A sudden moment, where you stop rushing through the day, through the experience and simply see the good things to life?

That was this evening.  So my list is this-- a bit of what I am so grateful for.


>> the influence conference. this was just this past weekend, as I mentioned wednesday, I'm still processing all that I learned and heard. I was so grateful to be able to go-- thankful for such beautiful people who dreamed up the conference, and so incredibly blessed by the experience.

>> my husband. can we just give a shout-out to this rock star? We've literally been ships in the night-- he was gone to Chicago, and then I was in a wedding (he had to stay home and work-- boo) then I was in Indiana for Influence and now I'll be in San Fran this weekend for Re:Make. We have had four consecutive weekends apart but through it all, he is a champion. He is incredibly patient with me and so loving toward me. He cooks dinner when I get home from the day job so I can get right to the etsy job. This man is hard-working and so, so good to me. Honestly. I cannot say enough good things about him.

>> my shop. There are times when I wonder what the heck I'm doing with this little business of mine, but each day I feel like I understand more of what I'm doing and I am so grateful for the support that I have felt from family and friends. It is hard, but I am grateful for this path I've chosen.

I am also really thankful for some really good people in my life-- people who text me, who pray for me, who offer to clean my house, and who make me laugh about the dumbest things-- people who ride in vans with me over to weddings and rub my back. Oh you dear ones in my life-- you know who you are. Thank you.

What are the good things in your life right now? I'd love to hear them.

Also-- if you happen to be in or near San Fran this Saturday, I'll be at Re:Make for the handmade market portion of the conference hosted by Brit & Co. Come see me at the Mason Center from 11 to 5! (It's free!)

<><><>
Every first Friday of the month Beth and I share our favorite things from the past month and what we're looking forward to in the new month. It doesn't have to be fancy, it doesn't have to be long, it can just be what the link-up is: a list.

 photo TheListC_zpsdf52f360.jpg

4 comments

  1. Awww! You're right, you have some pretty awesome things to be thankful for!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved reading this! I have those moments too, the rush of gratefulness. It's such a good feeling to take a second and think of life as a whole, not as a moment by moment concern. Sure we get stressed and freak out but in the grand scheme of things, we have quite a lot to be grateful for. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's nice to get a rush a gratefulness. too often we get stuck in the drama or what is going wrong in or lives, etc. Also, I feel the same way about my business...like I have no idea what I am doing and then other days like I know exactly what I am doing :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now I am really grateful for my future in-laws. We're trying to plan this wedding but we live 5 hours away, so we're relying on them to help us out, since they actually all live in Milwaukee. It's helping to keep me sane!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs