10/13/13

whole wheat pumpkin pancakes



I've been out of town four out of the five past weekends and this Saturday was one of the first days where I didn't need to be anywhere-- at least not until later on.

I chose not to go tailgate with the husband at the UW game (he headed out at 4 a.m. to catch the filing of ESPN College Game Day-- insane) and so it was me and my morning -- stretched out before me.

The husband is pretty great, but he's got a major flaw: he doesn't like big breakfasts/brunchs. He claims they make him feel lazy or something. Me, on the other hand, I love them. So when the husband is gone and I have a leisurely morning awaiting me, I eat a really good breakfast.

And because it's October and all, I decided to eat a really good breakfast that had pumpkin pancakes.

I suggest you find yourself a leisurely morning soon and make these.



whole wheat pumpkin pancakes (adapted from here)

ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbs baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tbs brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup milk
1 egg -- lightly beaten
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
2 tbs coconut oil

mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl
mix all the wet ingredients in a small bowl
beat the egg separately with a whisk for a minute or so, stir into wet ingredients
slowly stir in wet ingredients into dry

cook 'em up!



xo, erika

linking up to wild & precious for life lately!

7 comments

  1. Hello Erika!
    My name is Shelly and I have been reading your blog for awhile now. I really enjoy it. Anyway I was in downtown Seattle today and thought I saw you crossing the street to go to your car. I must know was it you? We're you downtown today? I promise I'm not a stalker or anything. I should of just asked if it was you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up some pumpkin pancake mix from Trader Joe's this weekend! Can't wait to make them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am making pumpkin everything lately haha!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh maaaaaan! Please can I live with you!?! That looks just delicious!

    Gemma
    Faded Windmills

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! I cheat and get the pumpkin pancake mix from Trader Joe's. It is SO good. This reminds me I need to go see if they have it now since it's in season. Get in muh belly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, yes please!!! I'll be making the vegan version of this! xo Andrea
    Boho Bunnie

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs