4/9/13

je t'adore, paris

This was my second time to France. The first time, it was my mom and I and we spent two weeks in the country, which further cemented my love for it.
I was afraid, that after all I did to talk France up, the husband wouldn't like it. Kind of like when you talk up a movie, only to have a friend dislike it when they finally see it. But luckily, life isn't like a movie, and the husband enjoyed France just as much as I did.
 we rented the most charming flat through airbnb. Our first place we had reserved fell through but with some finagling and good customer service from airbnb, all was not lost and we ended up renting an incredible apartment from a graduate student in the Marais neighborhood. We loved it.

 
baguette in front of the Tour Eiffel. (We ate a lot of baguettes...)
 Notre Dame.
 The Louvre
 Montmartre and Sacre Coeur
Marches aux Puces (flea market)

 
Fountainebleau Chateau
 


And to answer a question I get a lot: No, we didn't have any problem with people being overly rude with us. We were polite and people were polite in return! However, I do speak a tiny bit of French, and so would usually try to speak to them first. Usually the Parisians just responded in English. Apparently my accent is that obvious. :)


xo, erika

12 comments

  1. I think I would probably spend all of my money on macarons. What was your favorite flavor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That apartment is so great! and I'm glad to hear the French were polite :)

    Mmm, I could go for a baguette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I took 3 years a French and remember next to nothing, I think I'd be lost trying to speak in in France. HOWEVER it amazes me how well people from France speak English. When I was growing up we had 2 different French exchange students and both spoke AMAZING English.

    I am crazy about these pictures, makes me ACHE to take a trip to Europe! And your flat looks like it was darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, you have me wishing to go on vacation Erika!! :)
    I love all of these photos! It looks like you two had an absolute blast!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. um HI, dying over that little rental house!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flat you rented looked amazing! It truly looks like it was a beautiful trip!

    Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh, that flat is so charming! what a neat experience! those macaroons!! i can't believe i still haven't had one! ah, paris!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOD NEXT TIME WE NEED TO DOUBLE DATE IN PARIS! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Erika these are absolutely beautiful and I am so stoked that the hubs totally surprised you with this trip.

    eeppp

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the rental - what a great way to see Paris! really enjoyed these lovely pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous photos! did you want to buy everything at the flea market? I totally would have been sad about my small suitcase :).

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs