4/8/13

I saw London







 layering in London: blouse: JC Penney // sweater: Madewell (two years ago) // jacket, jeans: Nordstrom // boots: ebay

As you may know, I went on a little trip. And now that I've returned, I was considering how many photos, how many blog posts would I dedicate to my trip?

I asked someone and they wisely told me, "Erika, it's your blog. You went to Europe and you don't have kids, so you need something to blab on about."

So it's decided: I'm going to blab on for a bit about Europe for a few posts. I hope you stick around, but if not, I get it. :)

The husband and I spent a total of five days in London, and they were split between two short trips. Overall, my thought on London was 1) it was very cold 2) it was very expensive.

When we were there, they were having the coldest March on record. It snowed a few times and the temperatures rarely hit above 40. The gloves I bought our first day there ended up being my best purchase the entire trip.

Despite the weather, we had a great time and nerded out over all the touristy-history things. Our favorites? The Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, and the two soccer...er football games we attended.

Here's a few photos from our trip: 


 

 

Tomorrow- France!

xo, erika

16 comments

  1. So amazing! What a trip of a lifetime. My one regret was not traveling to Europe before we had kids. Still never been. Love your red coat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds fantastic! I'm glad you're sharing, and I think whoever gave you that advice is a wise friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see what else you did when you were in Europe! :D

    xx Denysia Yu
    http://thatlaitgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are beautiful Erika! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks so amazing! and yes please share more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read all about your Europe adventures! The pictures with the snow falling are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you visit Notting Hill? (If that's even real?) I was so hoping to see you in a photo from that little traveler's bookshop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you attended football matches! Your photos are beautiful and I am so glad you're sharing your trip...nothing to feel bad about!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both the Tower of London and Westminster. We have been to the Tower twice, and inside Westminster once. I love seeing the stones with names and descriptions marking the places people are buried. A favorite was David Livingstone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful photos Erika!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm happy to see every picture you want to share! Keep them coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. if i had gone on a trip like that, i would definitely be sharing about it over multiple blog posts. i like hearing about it! i can't get over how cold it was in london while you were there!! glad you were able to make the most of it. the photos of the snow are so magical! glad you made it to a football game -- they are quite the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh the architecture. So beautiful! And blab as much as you want, I'll live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so cute! I really want to got to London, too. One day.....

    Tiff Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to go to a football game one day. My husband is a huge liverpool fan....if we can ever make it off the island of Ireland maybe we will get to see them play :).

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs