3/28/13

europe


I'm just popping in-- how British of me to say-- to dump some photos. Turns out I've taken about 100 a day and I think if I'm going to share them all (ha- just kidding) then I better start now.

Look at you, London and your funny red busses.
Can you tell we're freezing here?
Oh yeah... it snowed. We were walking around and woefully unprepared.


 Paris! And sunshine, no snow, thank the Lord.
Caffeine keeps us going. (Well caffeine keeps me going-- the husband is having a beer, clearly.)

In Seattle there's a Starbucks on every corner... In Paris, there's a boulangerie (bakery) on every corner. Guess which I prefer? (oh, they serve coffee, too.)
 
 If you're lucky, the boulangerie will also be a patisserie (pastry shop) and you will press your nose against the glass in glee.
And then you'll go eat whatever you bought in front of the Eiffel Tower.

This is just a snippet of our trip, but so far, so good with only a few slight snags. We're about halfway done, but I'm not ready to go home yet. The only things I miss is my bed-- which is more comfortable than the ones we're sleeping in, toilet seat covers... and my money not going as far as it does in the states. Oh, one more thing -- a warmer coat. I'm missing that also.

xo, erika


14 comments

  1. Um, I DIE over that last photo of you in front of the tower with your red lips and your adorable little bun!!! You look right at home. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely photos! it was quite cold when i was there too but it didn't snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like lots of fun! And omg those pastries look delicious! :)

    xx Denysia Yu
    http://denysiayu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. so gorgeous! You look perfect in paris :),

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loooove these!! london is very near and dear to my heart, ahh. that is SO crazy that it snowed there -- i think it flurried ONCE while i studied there during the winter. you look so french (and adorable) with your red coat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina's motto is "we brake for patisseries" almond croissant is her fave.
    you do look perfectly parisien.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGeeee love these pics!!! You look SO European while drinking the coffee. And that pic on the bench in front of the Eiffel Tower...just lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great photos! It's so fun to see the places you're exploring :) I'm getting in the mood as I sip my Irish breakfast tea (not the same, I know, but the closest I've been to England)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos!! You look so at home in Paris!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gasp! it's lovely! what a wonderful, wonderful trip! who cares it was cold - how incredible!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you're having so much fun! I'm so glad you still have half the trip yet to go! I'm really looking forward to more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, beautiful! Love the last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHERE is that coat from, it is SO cute. And that last picture of you is kind of perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like you are having an amazing time!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs