3/7/13

some friday things

sarlat-le-canada, france 2009

I am so distracted by Europe plans. Like honestly. It's two weeks away and I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.  We pretty much have our plans set and we'll be hitting England, Scotland and France. There was a bit of sticker shock as we booked hotels, trains and a flat in Paris (!!) but I keep telling myself that we've saved and it's worth it.

But in the mean time, these are the things catching my eyes on the web and in real life...

>> current blog crush: girl versus dough. I'm becoming a major recipe/food blog lady and I'm just loving this blog for its photos and Stephanie's words.

>> these bloomers by the velvet bird are a.dor.able

>> 4 things you should make time for every day from The Shine Project

>> gossip girl. I know, I know. I am SO beyond the times but it's free on netflix and it's a perfect sewing show-- i.e. something I don't need to pay that close attention to.

>> also, you can still ask me things here.

>> I'm just feeling blessed right now. It could be because I'm eating vanilla icecream drizzled with dark chocolate syrup (ohhhh nom) but my heart is just full and happy. Small parts of me fear when things are just good because there's that sense of when is it going to get bad? But right now, I'm just enjoying that life is bright right now. And I am feeling ever so grateful.

I hope there are bright parts to your life as well.

xo, erika



 

7 comments

  1. Oh my gosh I would be giddy with excitement!! I studied abroad in London, it is near and dear to my heart. Paris is absolutely magical and Scotland is gorgeous! Ohh it's going to be so worth it. I still have credit card debt from when I was over there & I can still say it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you to go on your Europe trip! Woo! The itinerary sounds great. Are you thinking of visiting Monet's house and garden? It was a priority when I was there because I had read Linnea in Monet's garden was I was a young girl. Anyhow it's a pretty easy train ride from Paris just in case you do. I'm sure you'll have a number of fabulous ideas to choose from. Oh so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I`m so excited for you! It will be worth every single penny :) I would really love to rent a car and drive around England & Scotland this summer, we`ll see if it actually happens or not!

    Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting that your Europe trip is so close!! Have you been to Paris before? One of my favorite cities! I've never been to Scotland -- that one is on the bucket list for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I'm sooooo jealous of your trip!! That is where my husband and I last vacationed and it was the best time ever! Hope you love it!
    Thank you for visiting my blog. ;-)
    Your newest follower,
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so with you about feeling happy and worrying that something bad is around the corner. But don't let that steal your happy, okay?

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs