11/11/11

little bits of me


since some of you guys are new... (hi by the way)... I thought I'd tell you a little bit more about  lil' ol me.

10 random things about erika: 

1. My red hair is my natural color. I used to hate it. Redheads get teased-- ask any of us.

2. My mom sewed most of my clothes growing up and taught me to sew in junior high.

3. And then after I learned I would sneak into her sewing room and alter my skirts so they were shorter and tighter...

4. I swear I was not promiscous though.

5. back on track. my dog is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. He came from a farm and is named after a University of Washington football player. (husband's call, not mine.)

6. I am afraid of monkeys. I think they're evil.

7. I have a very loud laugh. Good friends have told me "my laugh carries." OK, whatever that means.

8. I have two younger brothers and one of them lives with my husband and me.

9. I met my husband at age 18; we got married when I was 22. 

10. I don't wash my hair every day. Baby powder is an amazing beauty product.


Do you guys have any questions for me? I'd love to hear them!

Also... even better... tell me some random things about YOU in the comments. I would like it a lot. 

happy friday! 

xo, erika

p.s. go thank a veteran today :)

10 comments

  1. Both of my sisters are redheads, and I thought about going red for a while. But I probably won't. I always prided myself on being the different one. haha!
    You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your red hair. I always wanted red hair growing up.
    I danced for 10 years during my grade school years. My favorite will always be tap. Although I randomly miss ballet.
    I had to take ballet exams at my dance studio because of the method we practiced. I'd get excellent on style, theory, and musicality, and barely pass the actually dancing part =D.
    I pine for a Corgi so much!
    I drink a ton of water and am still thirsty all the time. I blame it on pregnancy.
    I hate to fold/put away laundry, that's why I make myself do it immediately, or else it stays in the baskets until it's time to do more laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated being a redhead too when I was younger.

    Luckily, I got over that in my 20's and now I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted red hair... I'm jealous of you.

    P.S. I'm hosting an awesome indobay giveaway for a $40 prize! Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a really loud laugh too and I love your hair!!! It is such a pretty color!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a terrible cowlick right at my hairline and it refuses to be trained. I had hoped bangs would cover it, bit it's still unruly. Oh well.I love your hair color and am glad you like it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post. <3 I adore red hair. I think people who tease redheads are just jealous. ;) Here's more about me...

    1. I was 13 when I met my wife, we were engaged when I was 16 (all long distance!) and finally, when I was 18, we were married! ^_^ We're now going on nine years together and five married - woo!

    2. My favorite color is blue!!!

    3. I am a HUGE geek!!!

    4. I want to learn how to play the fiddle.

    5. I have a weird fashion sense. Overall, it's casual. But if you wanna slap a label on it, I'm: a goth, geek, cowgirl, city chic, hippie and artsy type all wrapped into one.

    6. My dream is to work from home as an artist!

    7. I am a huge "big kid." I still play with dolls, LEGOs, snuggle plushies, etc. (So is my wife!)

    8. I'm 5'4" - short... maybe.

    9. I dream of having pink, blue or purple hair.

    10. I love animals. Like, love love LOVE animals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hair! Mine is that white blonde that goes with no skin color or eyebrows. :) I don't wash my hair every day either. Thanks for the tip on baby powder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your outfits! I'm a redhead too--kindred spirits! Also, I am updating my Christmas list with things from your Etsy shop right this instant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh that is soo cool that your mom sewed clothes for you! that's where you get your crafty side from huh??? i want to hear your laugh!

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs