2/16/14

gallery wall


One thing I've been wanting to do for a long time is make a gallery wall around my TV. I never loved how our TV just sat, the focus point in our living room, so I thought that by surrounding it with art would help it blend in.

There isn't a right way or wrong way to make a gallery wall-- I've always been told to collect the things you love. If you love them all, there will likely be a connection with them-- whether it's color or style.

I like what I've so far-- but like the rest of my house -- I feel like it will never be done -- it will always need further tweaking.

Last note -- yes, the empty frame. My husband picked up on this right away and told me I was super hip for doing this. I didn't want to tell him that the "empty frame" isn't a new idea -- in fact, it might not even be "cool" anymore.



Art:

1) to do justly, love mercy & walk humbly print (one of my favorite verses) -- french press mornings

2) I painted this. (a cocktail + a little bit of inhibition = not bad abstract art!)

3) vintage find

4) isn't life lovely? print from cute new printable shop End Quote Studio -- check it out!

5) adorable little creature illustrations from IKEA. (They're $3 for a set of 5!)

also -- curtain panels are also IKEA, flowers are from The Felt Flower Shop and the blanket & the chair are thrift store finds.

5 comments

  1. I LOVE the one you painted, you've got some hidden talents girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one that you painted - before I even knew it was yours my eyes zoomed right to it. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gallery walls but my husband doesn't! ;( Maybe he'll change his mind for me eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gallery wall! and your empty frame (my husband would say the same thing). I need to print a few pictures and hang the frames I have for a gallery wall. But I've also been contemplating hanging everything before I get the photos printed, just so it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cocktails and painting for the win! Turned out to be absolutely lovely! Who knew pallete knives were so essential?

    ReplyDelete

oh that's so nice of you to say hi :)
i read every comment and would love to respond to you as well! if you have a question for me-- make sure your email is linked to your blogger account so I can get back to you or leave your email so I can get in touch! (see how to do so here!)

Theme created by Andrea Mehner Designs